ctothejdot

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf
I'm wanting to add a second battery to power an electric cooler and some other accessories for my further afield and longer trips. Has anyone tried doing this in the Bronco? For those of you who've got your Bronco's in hand already - are you able to tell me if there's room under the hood to mount a second one?
Sponsored

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
There seems to be room - but making a mounting solution would be the interesting part.
West Mountain Radio makes a kit (typically for radio users) where you can piggyback an "AUX" battery off the main and it will charge the AUX while the vehicle is on - but the AUX battery specifically be isolated for radios. I would think about using such a product so that if the fridge runs down - you can still crank up and go!

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Have you considered a portable battery jumper such as these?: https://cloreautomotive.com/product-category/jump-starters/jump-n-carry-jump-starters/

You’d have to find one that matches your electrical needs, of course. It recharges through a 12 volt socket, could jump start you if you accidentally ran your Bronco battery down, can power different accessories with its 12 volt socket, some models have USB ports for charging tablets and phones, some have a nice LED light, and you can get one with a built in air compressor for adjusting tire pressures on the trail.
Sponsored

Last edited: