Drivers Side Grommet for wire installation (Warning or well heads up! lol!)

Jafo

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Howdy Bronco Sport Lovers!

I just wanted to throw a little warning out to you all, even though most of you probably already know this. But for those who don't just wanted to make it public.

The drivers side door grommet is a great way to get Sub or Accessory wires from the engine bay into the cab, without removing the battery and all sorts of crap to get through the firewall. Installation was easy and straight forward for a layman like me. Just cut a slit in the grommet and use a hanger to fish the cable down to the floor. EASY!!!!

But If you are going to use this route please be warned! After your wire has been passed into the cab and pulled to its desired location, you will need to cover that entry point! With some sort of weather (Particularly RAIN!) blocker of your choice. If you think you will need to get back in there I would try a temp solution like FLEX Tape, but as soon as you know nothing else will be running through the grommet I would use silicone to patch it all up.

I was driving into work this morning and in Oklahoma City it is a monsoon. I look down and my driver side mat has water standing in it. Not a ton but enough to make me say ohhh crap! So I spent the morning bringing Bullet ( My BS ) back to the house to seal up that grommet.

Just a heads up friends! Stay dry out there... I didn't! :rain:😅
Sponsored