First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Hurry up and wait....again!

A few things:

1) Looks like I'm done with the Atlanta area Ford dealers. When I ordered a 2022 BS Badlands back in March, '22, several local dealerships insisted on a markup even on orders, others insisted on full MSRP, and only 1 honored the x-plan pricing I expected. That is the one I went with.

Now that I wanted to order a second one, that same dealership wouldn't honor x-plan pricing for me, despite this being my 3rd new car purchase from them. They wanted full MSRP and sounded as if I should thank them for no markup. All I could think of is, geez - what kind of markup above MSRP could I expect on the next new car purchase from them?! Clearly a trend in the wrong direction, and a dime smart and a dollar short! Very short-term, immediate cash-flow thinking. Bad move. I buy a lot of cars...I've bought new cars in 2015, 2016, 2021, and now this most recent order is my 4th new car purchase in 2022. There will be future new car purchases....and likely, many of them. None will be taking place at my local dealership. And they've also lost my recurring service revenue, as this left a bad taste in my mouth.

2) Granger saved me several thousands from my local dealer's offer. I didn't expect my local dealer to match Granger's offer. I would certainly have left some money on the table for the convenience of a local pick-up. But they wouldn't budge and I wasn't bluffing at my willingness to take a road-trip to pick up the car. So there will be a road trip.

I say that this new Badlands is my daughter's. Actually, it'll be mine. She's a Sophomore in HS, and so when she heads off to college in 3 years, either she'll take this lightly used Badlands with her, if I am tired of it by then, OR if it fits me like a pair of much-loved shoes, I'll keep it for myself and find something else for her. Either way, I'm looking forward to driving this myself for a couple of years (depending on when it come in!)

Ford Bronco Sport Done.  Incoming.....someday. EmersonOrder.PNG
Sponsored

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Im glad that granger has been able to help somewhat with your situation. Every time I see their name appear on this board it’s always good news.

It is terrible that your local dealership has been fortunate of your purchases on multiple vehicles and are not willing to take care of you in any future dealings. Customer loyalty means nothing to these “franchises” any more.

Side note, that photo on your confirmation is really cool. I don’t know if any of the sports can handle that kind Of off roading without getting stuck.

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Im glad that granger has been able to help somewhat with your situation. Every time I see their name appear on this board it’s always good news.

It is terrible that your local dealership has been fortunate of your purchases on multiple vehicles and are not willing to take care of you in any future dealings. Customer loyalty means nothing to these “franchises” any more.

Side note, that photo on your confirmation is really cool. I don’t know if any of the sports can handle that kind Of off roading without getting stuck.
It is pretty frustrating.
Sponsored