Done anything stupid looking while in your Bronco Sport?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
For me, its constantly reaching for the shifter stalk on the steering column. I actually looked to my left side one time when I did this, and saw a passenger in a truck see me do this and laugh. She rolled down the window and asked if I had a wheel selector to select gears too. She said she does it all the time in her other car.

I felt better that I'm not the only one. Another one was when I was showing off the bottle opener in the back to a neighbor. The bottle was too long and struck against the rear cargo tray.

neighbor thought that was such a stupid feature.
Sponsored

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've had a manual transmission in every car I've had since I was 19, to this day I still go to grab the gear shifter (knob) and push my left foot into the floor when coming to a stop. My girlfriend makes fun of me constantly for it.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
looking for button on rear liftgate/hatch to close on its own. I also catch myself looking for the button on the key fob. i didn’t realize how quickly I adapted and rely on this feature on other vehicles

at Least I’m done hitting the button up front and only popping the glass portion.

I also remote start in cold weather… but I leave the fob in it the vehicle while at home. I look like a fool going out and pulling on the door…duh it’s locked. I’m shocked, like every time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
looking for button on rear liftgate/hatch to close on its own. I also catch myself looking for the button on the key fob. i didn’t realize how quickly I adapted and rely on this feature on other vehicles

at Least I’m done hitting the bottom and only popping the glass portion.

I also remote start in cold weather… but I leave the fob in it the vehicle while at home. I look like a fool going out and pulling on the door…duh it’s locked. I’m shocked, like every time.
The first time I saw someone lifting their foot to the rear bumper I asked myself why are they kicking their bumper? Them I saw the commercial on TV demonstrating the feature. My wife asked me why I was smiling st the commercial; I had to explain that I saw someone doing this at a parking lot.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
The rotary shifter is my main issue. If I have to change direction quickly (turning around in the street for example) - I have issues operating it quickly and accurately. It doesn't help it is next to the rotary Goat mode knob - I have reached for the wrong one a few times.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've had a manual transmission in every car I've had since I was 19, to this day I still go to grab the gear shifter (knob) and push my left foot into the floor when coming to a stop. My girlfriend makes fun of me constantly for it.
Find another girlfriend who is more understanding of your idiosyncrasies. It only gets worse as you get older.🤕

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The rotary shifter is my main issue. If I have to change direction quickly (turning around in the street for example) - I have issues operating it quickly and accurately. It doesn't help it is next to the rotary Goat mode knob - I have reached for the wrong one a few times.
Practice makes perfect. Truth.

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
This too is my biggest struggle :)

Stealthfyter

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Same here had the BS since Jan and it still gets me from time to time.

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Cyber Orange
For me it was turning the rotary shifter too far when backing into my driveway and just revving the engine. Literally had people stare at me because of this.
Same! I just know my neighbors were like, "What is her deal??"

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Driven a manual most of my life. Still occasionally go for the clutch and the shifter. I'm just glad it has a narrow brake pedal and no shift lever!

As far as looking stupid in my Sport, my wife would say I look that way every day!

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I will put things in the hidden rear seat storage compartment when I remember it’s there and then forget it exists again.
Hey, that's some good ad copy right there! "So well hidden even YOU will forget about it." Just don't put your leftovers from the local shrimp shack in there...

Djames

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same as one poster said. I keep grabbing the shift knob when going for the GOAT knob. Tryin to shift into Sport mode then shifting into neutral instead. But I have only had the vehicle for a couple days now.
Sponsored