Does the Aeria l /Radio Antenna Fin unscrew / detach?

Elbow

Big Bend
First Name
Elroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi all, just awaiting delivery of my BB, anyone able to tell me if the aerial unscrews? worried about the height of my garage door, and whether I'll have clearance. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Hi all, just awaiting delivery of my BB, anyone able to tell me if the aerial unscrews? worried about the height of my garage door, and whether I'll have clearance. Thanks in advance.
Unscrews. When I test drove mine straight off the trailer, the dealer did not have time to "assemble" my OB and the antenna was off.

OP
OP

Elbow

Big Bend
First Name
Elroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Unscrews. When I test drove mine straight off the trailer, the dealer did not have time to "assemble" my OB and the antenna was off.
Ahhh Brilliant. That's a big relief. Really appreciate the quick response, too. Cheers Corey

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Same thing happened with mine. I was at the dealership and they were still washing it after transport. I didn't notice it in the cargo area in a plastic bag until I got home.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I can't fathom why they couldn't design all of the various required antennae into the roof!? My convertible has all of that built into the trunk lid.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I can't fathom why they couldn't design all of the various required antennae into the roof!? My convertible has all of that built into the trunk lid.
Agreed. I have a 2020 Edge and it doesn't have that long antennae on it.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
I get the "incorporated in" thoughts, but as someone who lives 50 miles from the stations I like to listen to, I like the current setup. Much better reception than my CX-5 with the shark fin.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I get the "incorporated in" thoughts, but as someone who lives 50 miles from the stations I like to listen to, I like the current setup. Much better reception than my CX-5 with the shark fin.
This will work for me too. My stations are all from the mainland 30-50 miles away.
Sponsored