Does Outer Banks have rubberized floor?

CaptainCanada

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've been having trouble finding a definitive on this from the Ford site and here. At one point I thought the outer banks did but now im thinking its just the bad lands that has the rubberized floor? I ordered an outer banks at my dealer but its not coming until July. I've been contemplating getting the drop in rubber floor mats since I live in Canada for the winters but there are 2 skus so I wanted to make sure I had the right one.

Edit: reviewing the ford site more, im seeing outerbanks listing rubberized cargo floor so im now assuming its just the trunk area thats rubberized. Is that correct?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The rubber on the cargo area is actually snapped onto carpeted seatbacks. It's the same way in my Badlands, the only carpet in the whole car is the back of the rear seat with snap on rubber plates.

The floor of the cargo area I would call more plastic than rubber. There is a rubber mat you can overlay on the plastic floor.

This is a Ford stock photo. It's a bit weird to me since the floor shown is clearly a Base/Big Bend/Outer Banks (it's on the lower insert position) but it's got the Orange paint and blue seats from a First Edition?? Anyhow, it shows you the cargo floor and the seatbacks without the rubber armor. It attaches to those round grommet snaps on the carpet. The rubber floor mat sets in the recess of the plastic cover/floor.
Ford Bronco Sport Does Outer Banks have rubberized floor? mp1z-7811600-aa-21

Charlieart

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands Cyber Orange
I've been having trouble finding a definitive on this from the Ford site and here. At one point I thought the outer banks did but now im thinking its just the bad lands that has the rubberized floor? I ordered an outer banks at my dealer but its not coming until July. I've been contemplating getting the drop in rubber floor mats since I live in Canada for the winters but there are 2 skus so I wanted to make sure I had the right one.

Edit: reviewing the ford site more, im seeing outerbanks listing rubberized cargo floor so im now assuming its just the trunk area thats rubberized. Is that correct?
My understanding is only the Base models had carpet throughout. My Badlands has the rubber/vinyl floor, with carpeted floor mats.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Only the Badlands and First Edition come with the rubberized floor.
Sponsored