Does Badlands come with any floor mats if you don't get any of the optional liners?

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Does the badlands come with any floor mats if you don't get any of the optional liners?
Sponsored

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
Does the badlands come with any floor mats if you don't get any of the optional liners?
Mine came with carpet mats & all-weather liners. For some reason, dealer could not do carpet delete, so I have both.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Mine came with carpet mats & all-weather liners. For some reason, dealer could not do carpet delete, so I have both.
I thought it was odd that I could not order non-carpeted liners on the Badlands. Considering that it is designed more for off roading than the lower trim models, why would anyone want carpet? The dealer could not process the order until he removed the non-carpet floor liners I had requested!

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The tester I drove had both the all-weather Ford liners with the Ford carpet liners underneath, all on top of the Badlands rubberized floor! My BELIEF is that that it comes with the carpet mats and that the all-weather liners were in the dealer order to Ford -- EXCEPT, curiously the rubber mats were NOT on the window sticker.

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
my BL same with carpets. I didn't order any options. Rubber flooring is standard

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
How do the Ford rubber mats compare to something like a WeatherTech mat? From the pictures I've seen it looks like the rubber ones have some side protection like the WT.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Orders can be for rubber mats with, or without carpet mats. Most (or all?) models come with carpet mats by default -- including those like the BL with rubber flooring. The Ford rubber mats are excellent however, they could be made to provide slightly better coverage, and deeper side walls to contain the wet better. Those premium aftermarket rubber mats seem to do both of those things better. But, in the BL (with rubber flooring anyway), you might just have to "mop" slightly more frequently I'd guess.

OP
OP

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Orders can be for rubber mats with, or without carpet mats. Most (or all?) models come with carpet mats by default -- including those like the BL with rubber flooring. The Ford rubber mats are excellent however, they could be made to provide slightly better coverage, and deeper side walls to contain the wet better. Those premium aftermarket rubber mats seem to do both of those things better. But, in the BL (with rubber flooring anyway), you might just have to "mop" slightly more frequently I'd guess.
That's what I figured. I didn't order any of the rubber liners, as I was going to just see what things were like and choose between ford and weathertech.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
How do the Ford rubber mats compare to something like a WeatherTech mat? From the pictures I've seen it looks like the rubber ones have some side protection like the WT.
They are very similar to Weathertech mats. I bought the front and rear, they will definitely keep the inside cleaner than the carpet ones.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
When I placed my BL BL order I saw carpeted floor mats as an option which I do not want. I did not see all weather non carpeted floor mats in the build and price otherwise I would have added them to the order. So I am going to get carpeted floor mats anyway?

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the ford all weather mats and love them. Look great and definitely did not want to keep the carpet considering all the off road, hiking, mountain biking etc that i do. I reccomend orderng them from Levittown Ford

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I wouldn't be surprised if WT made the floor mats for Ford, they look exactly the same. Quality is great.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Agreed. I am very happy with the OEM rubber floor mats.

Backpackster

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Agreed. I am very happy with the OEM rubber floor mats.
Thanks for info. I have a choice between weather tech for $280 cad or OEM set for $220. I think I get the ford ones tomorrow at the dealer - Unless someone tells me that the weather techs are worth that much more.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So if you don't order any floor matts then none come with a Badlands? I saw "carpeted" floor mats as an option but nothing about what is standard?
Sponsored