Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Has anyone thought or tried something like this?…. Add one to the other as a hitch mounted swing away…

Ford Bronco Sport DIY swing away spare tire carrier 2A4E76F9-8583-4D52-AA08-F6BE76F0F585

Ford Bronco Sport DIY swing away spare tire carrier FF18B4BC-E5E0-470C-AD76-67FCCD1D90E4
Sponsored

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Price tag is a little much. I've been wanting one for ours but keep thinking maybe I'll buy the parts and weld one up myself. Seen some wilco ones pop up used once in a while but still positive you could do it for a lot cheaper yourself.

OP
OP
Milehifireguy

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I ran across these on another thread…

https://detoursofmaine.com/

Price tag is a little much. I've been wanting one for ours but keep thinking maybe I'll buy the parts and weld one up myself. Seen some wilco ones pop up used once in a while but still positive you could do it for a lot cheaper yourself.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anyone thought or tried something like this?…. Add one to the other as a hitch mounted swing away…

Ford Bronco Sport DIY swing away spare tire carrier 2A4E76F9-8583-4D52-AA08-F6BE76F0F585

Ford Bronco Sport DIY swing away spare tire carrier FF18B4BC-E5E0-470C-AD76-67FCCD1D90E4
The cost of entry would be fairly low to try out but the rattle would be unbelievable in my opinion. A lot of people underestimate the weight of a spare and forces that they generate hitting bumps and going down the road. they also don't swing and move the way bikes do on a carrier. I built bumpers along with a ton of other stuff for my Rock crawlers years back and the swing out spare carrier took a lot of planning to get right. I did welding and fabrication prior to being a full time firefighter and even with a full shop and ample tooling to fabricate the carrier it was a lot of work. the price tags on the aftermarket versions definitely are steep but they are that way because of how much it takes to make a sturdy option that won't drive you insane with noise going down the road, or worse, be a danger to other motorists.
Sponsored