Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The ceramic coating the comes in a spray bottle is really just a better wax. Using it after each wash could eventually build a coating layer, but it would take many applications. The coating that you apply with an applicator is what you want. These should come in 2-4oz glass bottles. The trick with these coating is getting the paint super clean, before applying the first coat. That's means you should clay bar the car, even if it's brand new. You need to get the old wax off, before application. After applying a coating, the spray bottles work nicely to keep the coating working well. Doing a really good job on a car, almost requires a clean room environment. You don't want dust to settle on a fresh coat of ceramic coating.
That is a pretty good start to the best process for applying a true ceramic coating.
The spray on coatings will only last 3-6 months at best. They are a good option for those who don’t mind doing a quick spray and wipe after each hand washing.
If you take your car to a drive through car wash, you can just disregard this post all together.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I used that Meguires ceramic spray (see post 2 in this thread) after washing my old 2005 beater car 8 months or so ago. Car sits outside and still shines well. I hand wash it and not very often either. My opinion that stuff works pretty damn good.

Rhel

Badlands
First Name
Rögnvaldur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Is DIY ceramic coating a good idea or a bad idea?
Any product recommendations?
Thanks,
Joe in NH

It’s very good idea I have been ceramic coating cars for years now and using most from Gtechniq gtechniq ultra 8 year coat and EXO over coat ultra is only from pro users . If you’re gonna do it yourself then I recommend 5 years lasting coat and exo over coat from Gtechniq

It’s three days work and not for all to do it you can also use infinity Lite one year coat its very good and dirt will just run off your car and its very good to use
Ford Bronco Sport DIY Ceramic coating? IMG_0378
Sponsored

Last edited: