Diminished Value Claim / Repair Timeline for Body Work

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So some teenager idiot on the highway bumper car'ed the side of my wife's Bronco today and we are in the process of doing all the insurance BS.

Has anyone had luck with a diminished value claim yet? I've never done one before.

Also, anyone have leads on how long it will take to replace two doors, front fender, and hood, and some of the plastic trim?
Sponsored

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It’s harder to show diminished value when used cars are selling for as much as new cars.

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
So some teenager idiot on the highway bumper car'ed the side of my wife's Bronco today and we are in the process of doing all the insurance BS.

Has anyone had luck with a diminished value claim yet? I've never done one before.

Also, anyone have leads on how long it will take to replace two doors, front fender, and hood, and some of the plastic trim?
I was in a fender bender on 8/28, waiting for all the insurance to clear and then I’m headed to the body shop. I can let you know what they say.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
not too sure on how insurance works where you are. hopefully parts will be available as well.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

It’s harder to show diminished value when used cars are selling for as much as new cars.
First, hope your wife is ok.

Do you have a unicorn? BB+BB, a sunroof, or both, cause that would make this more interesting. With limited level packages, Ford created the exclusivity especially when they cut the sunroof. Not sure it's gonna make a serious argument otherwise. But I'm not a lawyer.
As for the value wise they are gonna look at sales based on records. Not what people advertise or actually sold it for... Sometimes people report it less for tax reasons, especially if there was a capital gain. That's gonna hurt since a lot are being handled privately.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Tell the insurance company you want $1,500-$2,000 because now there will be a carfax on it reducing your trade-in value. Insurance companies see these claims frequently.

OP
OP
Theowlhoothoot

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Tell the insurance company you want $1,500-$2,000 because now there will be a carfax on it reducing your trade-in value. Insurance companies see these claims frequently.
I would have figured it was more than that. They are apparently going to run the claim after repairs.

Mr. Ed

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I went through the whole process with diminished value all they way through small claims court against the person who hit me and the insurance company all present at court. Not with my BS, but with my new truck. I lost because there was no proof even though I had a letter from my dealership with a dollar amount. Court said that I would have needed to sell the vehicle and then try to prove it. The vehicle would need to be almost totaled, then sold, then who knows....
Sponsored