Difference between the cargo mat and the Cargo Area Protector, Non-Capable Series

erickbe

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
What is the difference between the cargo mat and the Cargo Area Protector, Non-Capable Series on build and price tool?

Thanks.
Erick
Sponsored

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Cargo protector is a snap-on rubber sheet that goes on the back of back seats.
Mat is the floor part and as I understand , depending on the size of your spare they are different.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Cargo protector is a snap-on rubber sheet that goes on the back of back seats.
Mat is the floor part and as I understand , depending on the size of your spare they are different.
I think, the mats are all the same, if you have a donut spare, the cargo floor sits lower. If you have the 225 spare, there is a higher groove the floor sits in and actually makes the cargo floor more level. The mat just sits on top of the cargo floor piece. I'm with zero cool, the mat is a nice feature
So I guess I didn't realize they are "different" as I'm not sure why..

Alternate Part Number: MP1Z7811600AA donut spare

Alternate Part Number: MP1Z7811600BA full size spare. Hmmm.

Last edited:

OP
OP

erickbe

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Do you order both the cargo mat and protector then to get both the floor and back of seats covered? I like it to.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Do you order both the cargo mat and protector then to get both the floor and back of seats covered? I like it to.
My Badlands came with "REAR SEAT - RUBBER BACK" as standard equipment, not sure how you would order separately.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just my opinion from experience….

I would get these but not order them. That is, wait until you get the vehicle and get these things from your parts department (and your dealer should get them for you at cost which is usually approximately 25% off; if not, negotiate that when purchasing vehicle). I would do this for things like floor mats etc too. The reasons being it is simple and cheaper for you to do it than include in the order. But also, sometimes they include them randomly.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

I would get these but not order them. That is, wait until you get the vehicle and get these things from your parts department (and your dealer should get them for you at cost which is usually approximately 25% off; if not, negotiate that when purchasing vehicle). I would do this for things like floor mats etc too. The reasons being it is simple and cheaper for you to do it than include in the order. But also, sometimes they include them randomly.
This is the right info. Even more so in a time where you either a) get whatever shows up at the dealership, or b) anything you add can/may delay your order.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
This is the right info. Even more so in a time where you either a) get whatever shows up at the dealership, or b) anything you add can/may delay your order.
This was the advice I just received from my sales guy as well. B). Don’t bother adding the floor mats at the factory, just in case it adds in some kind of greater scheduling delay. Let them do it through their parts dept. Now that may be because the dealer makes more money that way sure, but it seems like the right info for sure.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT

OR just order them of Amazon for a LOT cheaper

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Rear Seat protector was an option on my 22 BB for $75.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
OR just order them of Amazon for a LOT cheaper
I prefer the OEM. And I am not sure about the cheaper, in the short run or the long run.
In the short run because I barter with the sales department to make the parts department sale it for cheaper (as I stated before).
In the long run, because when I go to sale the car, I always point out they are original manufacturer parts and maybe it is just my experience but I have found that is a good bargaining tool during sale or trade in.

Reactions: MJE

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
I prefer the OEM. And I am not sure about the cheaper, in the short run or the long run.
In the short run because I barter with the sales department to make the parts department sale it for cheaper (as I stated before).
In the long run, because when I go to sale the car, I always point out they are original manufacturer parts and maybe it is just my experience but I have found that is a good bargaining tool during sale or trade in.
I have the aftermarket liner in my 2020 Explorer ST, and no problems in the AZ heat.
I am also A/Z plan so no bartering here.

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Rear Seat protector was an option on my 22 BB for $75.
I got the same exact rear seat protectors off Amazon for $35. They are perfect.
Sponsored