Did I screw up my order?

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Just ordered a Badlands in Carbonized Gray. I would prefer to have the top Gray as well; however, it was not specified on my order. Will my top now be Black?? Salesman said once order has been submitted there can be no changes.
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
No. You can change before there's a build date. I added/changed mine two weeks later as there was no build date yet. I'd beware of any dealer that tells you you can't. They just won't.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
You should be able to change it, but at least it's not that big of a deal if you can't.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
As long as it hasn't gone into production and there's no window sticker, you should be able to change it. I can't say if it will create further delays for you though.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
The gray roof option was not an option with Carbonized Gray body when I ordered mine in September, the dealer said the build system would not accept it. That was because the gray roof option was a different shade of gray than the body. So I was expecting a black roof when mine was delivered last week, but it came in with Carbonized Gray roof and body which is exactly what I wanted.

My uninformed guess is that all Carbonized Gray orders will come with color matched roof. Run that by your dealer.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
As long as it hasn't gone into production and there's no window sticker, you should be able to change it. I can't say if it will create further delays for you though.
I believe it's actually until the VIN is created, as once it's created all the vehicle info is locked in

Last edited:

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
With your exterior paint being carbonized gray on a BL, you cannot get the color matched roof.
Your's will be black if you keep it the same.
Ford Bronco Sport Did I screw up my order? 1645658266473

As far as changes to your order, do it sooner than later. I tried to amend mine a few days ago and was told my order moved to a 'priority 2' and was going to get a production date soon. Even though that date may be months out, it locks in the order.

Last edited:

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With your exterior paint being carbonized gray on a BL, you cannot get the color matched roof.
Your's will be black if you keep it the same.
Read my post above, I'm driving a Carbonized Gray BL with color matched roof.

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
Read my post above, I'm driving a Carbonized Gray BL with color matched roof.
I'm just going off of the current ordering options and my experience. When I ordered in December of last year, and as is now, a black roof on the BL with an exterior of carbonized gray is the only option. If you try to choose a carbonized gray roof with the same exterior, the system will not let you.

Ford Bronco Sport Did I screw up my order? 1645661640068

Last edited:

ZQ8

Big Bend
First Name
BRAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport / Big Bend
I believe it's actually until the VIN is created, as once it's created all the vehical info has to be locked in
Not true. I changed mine after it had a VIN and production week.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
The gray roof option was not an option with Carbonized Gray body when I ordered mine in September, the dealer said the build system would not accept it. That was because the gray roof option was a different shade of gray than the body. So I was expecting a black roof when mine was delivered last week, but it came in with Carbonized Gray roof and body which is exactly what I wanted.

My uninformed guess is that all Carbonized Gray orders will come with color matched roof. Run that by your dealer.
Do you have pics? That's what I wanted to order but it wouldn't let me, so I ordered Iconic Silver with the Carbonized Grey roof.

My first choice, If it was available would be Carbonized Grey with a white roof!!!

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Do you have pics? That's what I wanted to order but it wouldn't let me, so I ordered Iconic Silver with the Carbonized Grey roof.

My first choice, If it was available would be Carbonized Grey with a white roof!!!
Nice choice! That’s what I went with as well. As daring a choice as shades of gray get! Actually the CG roof should be nice to tie the wheels/grill together as well & give a nice floating roof look. THough it seems every vehicle out there now is doing the black roof thing.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

If you order Carbonized Grey it will come with CG body and same shade CG roof. Thats what I just received.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Well, the guy that posted this did it Apr 9, 2021 so in all likelihood it's too late to change his order now.

Interesting restriction about the Carbon Grey body BL, because I have seen Shadow Black BL both with black and grey roof panels. I wonder if the restriction has something to do with the moonroof/premium package. Because a Big Bend with a Moonroof (unicorns these days) actually has a black panel on the "forehead" and body color under the rails.

MDTX27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My 22 Badlands in carbonized gray came with a carbonized gray roof. I do not have the premium package so that’s probably why the roof isn’t black. Production date was early February. No complaints as I prefer the gray roof over black, but to each their own.
Sponsored