RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Had to go to the big city yesterday. Parking meter roulette at 4 minutes per 25 cents and hoping the meter works is no fun. Bite the bullet and Into the garage. Overall cheaper than a ticket and easier than fighting a phony ticket. (Yes it happens frequently)
Parking garage is full so have to leave with valet. Tell him I’ll be back in two hours and tip him so he doesn’t bury it. Get back and notice Big Bend is parked in a very wide spot all by itself. Give him the ticket, he looks at it and me and says “ Oh, you have the nice JEEP.
Just smiled and thanked him.
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Had to go to the big city yesterday. Parking meter roulette at 4 minutes per 25 cents and hoping the meter works is no fun. Bite the bullet and Into the garage. Overall cheaper than a ticket and easier than fighting a phony ticket. (Yes it happens frequently)
Parking garage is full so have to leave with valet. Tell him I’ll be back in two hours and tip him so he doesn’t bury it. Get back and notice Big Bend is parked in a very wide spot all by itself. Give him the ticket, he looks at it and me and says “ Oh, you have the nice JEEP.
I don't know, it's kind of tough to miss that big "BRONCO" plastered across the grille, maybe he needs glasses.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Parked you in a good spot at least he took care of you, not your fault he can't tell the difference from a blue oval and a jeep...some people just aren't aware. Rare was an individual who called my challenger out correctly. Charger, ehh Ok four door vs two but same company. A lot of people called it a nice Camaro...yeesh. not even close. Chalk it up to ignorance.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Kinda the same thing happened yesterday. I'm filling up with gas , go into the store to pay and the dude goes .."oh that looks like a Landrover Discovery" I said no not even close it's a Bronco Sport that was styled after the 60-70's Bronco. He came out to look and was very impressed.........meanwhile 4 people are in the store waiting to pay !!......"hey buddy get back in here so we can get on our way!!!"...........LOL

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Kinda the same thing happened yesterday. I'm filling up with gas , go into the store to pay and the dude goes .."oh that looks like a Landrover Discovery" I said no not even close it's a Bronco Sport that was styled after the 60-70's Bronco. He came out to look and was very impressed.........meanwhile 4 people are in the store waiting to pay !!......"hey buddy get back in here so we can get on our way!!!"...........LOL
Except that it looks more like a Land Rover than it does a bronco, thank goodness. Wish I could lose the stupid hood bulges which serve no purpose but to reflect light into the eyes.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I don't know, it's kind of tough to miss that big "BRONCO" plastered across the grille, maybe he needs glasses.
Idda done something like that.,
Oh you have that Jeep wanna be or some such nonsense.?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Except that it looks more like a Land Rover than it does a bronco, thank goodness. Wish I could lose the stupid hood bulges which serve no purpose but to reflect light into the eyes.
They actually do serve a purpose, when off-road it is represents the safe zone between the tires. great when you need to straddle an object, gap, rut... I have almost 7k on mine haven't had an issue with the glare I see people talk about. Is there a link to certain colors?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They actually do serve a purpose, when off-road it is represents the safe zone between the tires. great when you need to straddle an object, gap, rut... I have almost 7k on mine haven't had an issue with the glare I see people talk about. Is there a link to certain colors?
Fair point on the safe zone. That could have been accomplished though with a bulge across the whole hood (think land cruiser or old Land Rover) rather than with two bulges which create nasty reflective surfaces on the inner edges.

The spot which creates glare for me is along the folds/creases in the metal on the passenger hump. It is particularly bad at the corner nearest the windscreen. It also only does it when light hits at a certain angle. Most of the time it is fine, but when it flares, it is like someone aiming the sun into your eyes with a mirror. Strikes me as a design flaw for the purpose of creating an aesthetic.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking of your post whilst driving along this morning getting my eyeballs seared out by the hood hump and took a picture for you. ??

I am debating the hood scoop (think it looks dorky) just to get rid of the glare. You can see the glare on the right hump. Naturally, the picture does not do much to show how bad it is, but even polarized sunglasses only mute it. It is as bad as a mirror bouncing sun into your eyes.

Ford Bronco Sport Did I get an underhanded jab? 32D30729-AF8F-4A63-B9C1-92BCDE42846D
Sponsored