stubblejumper

Outer Banks
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco sport
So I have had my bronco sport for almost a year. Loved it until it started acting up. My wife was driving it to work and as she turned on for he highway it lost power and had warning lights. I forget exactly what they were but we had to have it towed to our dealer. Turns out the throttle body needed to be changed. Dealer could not give us an ETA for repair so that was frustrating. Wife lost 2 days of work because she couldn't get to work the first day and they said some needed to be around when the tow truck came. They would. It give us a loner, If we wanted something to drive we would have to rent one. About a month later there was a whistle that started, I posted here to see if anyone had heard it before and it was something new for most. Brought it in to get looked at and it was the turbo but was ok to drive. They ordered parts but again had no eta for repair. At Least it was drivable this time. That is until it had enough and it too decide to go. It sounded like someone was yelling WOOOOO when you accelerated and would not go very fast. Again called the tow truck had it towed in. Talked to the dealer again and this time we got a loner to drive but they had no eta for repairs again. Another day of work lost as they needed someone there for the tow. Second time vehicle was down for about 6 days. Now we are scared with the thought of what next. I have gone to the dealer to see what they would do but have not heard anything back. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any guidance or advice would be great. Located in Canada for reference.
Sponsored

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
The loud whistle and lack of power sounds like the intake manifold and/or throttle body again. Not Canadian, but I suspect you'd be better served contacting a lawyer familiar with lemon law, rather than any advice you'll get here.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Their are others on the board that feel they have BS lemons as well, you're not alone. With the supply chain seemingly still in shambles it's hard for a dealer to do anything assuming the vehicles diagnosis is correct and parts that are needed are on backorder with no ETA. Reading some people's experiences, some dealers can get parts and others can't. I have know idea how the lemon law in Canada work's, it's probably worth looking into. Hopefully your situation can be worked out in a timely manor and to your satisfaction.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I would look up Lemon Laws in your state

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I would look up Lemon Laws in your state
I agree, as it can be different where you are verses here in the states. In Florida as an example, a lemon law enactment cannot be issued/filed unless the SAME problem has not been corrected in THREE visits.

There has to be some sort of protection for the consumer in Canada. Call the service manager and ask. They have to disclose what you have a right to pertaining to an issue such as yours.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This could also be a maintenance error. The intake tract on these vehicles is complicated. Air comes in through the airbox and filter, goes through the compressor side of the turbocharger, then through a heat exchanger to extract heat added during compression before finally going through the throttle body to the cylinders. There's a lot of plumbing to get air where it needs to go. For the sake of maintainability, there has to be connections on some of that ducting to allow disassembly. Since you say they worked on the throttle body it's quite likely they had to disassemble some of the intake system. It's possible some of that ducting was not properly reassembled, and pressurized air is leaking out of the plumbing instead of getting to the throttle body. That would explain both the lack of power and the noises.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
This could also be a maintenance error. The intake tract on these vehicles is complicated. Air comes in through the airbox and filter, goes through the compressor side of the turbocharger, then through a heat exchanger to extract heat added during compression before finally going through the throttle body to the cylinders. There's a lot of plumbing to get air where it needs to go. For the sake of maintainability, there has to be connections on some of that ducting to allow disassembly. Since you say they worked on the throttle body it's quite likely they had to disassemble some of the intake system. It's possible some of that ducting was not properly reassembled, and pressurized air is leaking out of the plumbing instead of getting to the throttle body. That would explain both the lack of power and the noises.
Yeah it could be a leak in the intercooler pipes some where. A boost leak check would be able to quickly and accurately pin point the leak. My guess is dealer didn't put it back together correctly when throttle body replaced.
Sponsored