Dealership holding BS until recall fix

heftyshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My BS finally got delivered to the dealership but they won’t let us take it until the PCM programming and drain tube recall is fixed. Ford recall announcement said end of Q1 but dealership is saying it’ll be ready by end of this year.

anyone else in this situation or has anyone taken delivery with the recall?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Nope, you can go look, and probably even touch, but there is no way they will let you drive it with this issue.

OP
OP

heftyshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Talked to them today and they have 20+ cars that need the same part and have no idea when they will get it.. hoping to cancel the contract and move on

FakeCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford
Talked to them today and they have 20+ cars that need the same part and have no idea when they will get it.. hoping to cancel the contract and move on
They legally cannot sell you the vehicle with that open recall and could face hefty penalties if they did.

bwoodin

Outer Banks
First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My BS has been sitting in Chicago waiting on the recall fix. I searched the VIN at the beginning of the month to confirm it was affected. Yesterday I searched the VIN again because the dealership is offering me one of the BS they have on the lot, and now there's no active recalls on my ordered car. Does this mean they are starting to fix them?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My BS has been sitting in Chicago waiting on the recall fix. I searched the VIN at the beginning of the month to confirm it was affected. Yesterday I searched the VIN again because the dealership is offering me one of the BS they have on the lot, and now there's no active recalls on my ordered car. Does this mean they are starting to fix them?
That would not surprise me. They said they were targeting the end of the year. They want to deliver as soon as they can as well.

bwoodin

Outer Banks
First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That would not surprise me. They said they were targeting the end of the year. They want to deliver as soon as they can as well.
That's what I was thinking/hoping. My dealership is zero help, and Ford chat could only confirm there were no recalls on it. I ordered in February, though, so it's hard to be optimistic about anything at this point.

OP
OP

heftyshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My dealer told me they are expediting our repair. Sounds like parts are available in limited quantity.

Ford customer service said the software update is ready to go so now dealers are waiting for the tube part.

Hemmesdk

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am in the same situation with my BS Bigbend stuck in Chicago Heights for the last 2 months. I also do not see an active recall where there was one previously. Does this mean anything, I have no clue my dealer and ford support are not able to tell me anything usefull.

OP
OP

heftyshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am in the same situation with my BS Bigbend stuck in Chicago Heights for the last 2 months. I also do not see an active recall where there was one previously. Does this mean anything, I have no clue my dealer and ford support are not able to tell me anything usefull.
Picking mine up in about 30 minutes. Sounds like they got the glue earlier this week and the tube yesterday and had it fixed rather quickly.

Hemmesdk

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Picking mine up in about 30 minutes. Sounds like they got the glue earlier this week and the tube yesterday and had it fixed rather quickly.
Hope You Love it, Still waiting for mine
Sponsored