FauxPaw

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Laws are only as good as their enforcement.
Gotta become laws first before we can worry about enforcement 🤷‍♂️
At least it would give attorneys more legal legs to stand on when fighting the dealerships
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Gotta become laws first before we can worry about enforcement 🤷‍♂️
At least it would give attorneys more legal legs to stand on when fighting the dealerships
And these are only rules, which have their own legal/ideological challenges.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Thank you for patience with my ignorance on the ordering process, since I'm having trouble trusting dealerships. When I build my bronco spirt, there will be a price, can I negotiate that? TY
If you place a retail order, you will most likely pay MSRP, unless you can find some discounts or rebates to make it a little less. X-plan for being a member of the Mustang Club of America is a good one. Anyone can join for about $40 to get the discount. There are other cheaper memberships but you need the one that will give you X-plan.

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
If you place a retail order, you will most likely pay MSRP, unless you can find some discounts or rebates to make it a little less. X-plan for being a member of the Mustang Club of America is a good one. Anyone can join for about $40 to get the discount. There are other cheaper memberships but you need the one that will give you X-plan.
Also something to note, you must have been a MCA member for 90 days to get your PIN to qualify for X-plan pricing...or atleast that's how it was when I signed up.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I offered to pay MSRP up front because I know it's a good deal for the dealership and I consider it the cost of no BS. Still received BS.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
First I want to say Mike Maroone Ford in Longmont, CO is a First Rate dealership. I ordered a 2022 Maverick, decided not to wait for it to be built, and instead bought a 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend that they had ordered for dealer stock. They originally had a $4k markup on it, but since they were getting the Maverick they waived it. They also honored the $500 discount so I paid slightly under MSRP.
When I took it in for its first service 6mos later, I had a chance to speak with my salesman. He said the dealer can't get new vehicle inventory nor can they get enough used vehicles to sell and the sales staff is really hurting! I have to believe this is happening everywhere. That could explain why some dealers are using every trick in the book to sell vehicles for as much as they can get away with regardless of how it affects their reputation. I can vouch for Maroone Ford both as an honest dealer and great service. I feel for those of you who have been run through the ringer at other dealerships.

Reactions: MJE

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
My dealer (All Star Ford, Pittsburg, CA) is doing almost 8k markups on base models and big bends on '21 MY with 15-20k miles. They cannot get new vehicles in stock. I even hit up the parts department last week and a sales guy walked up and asked me if i was ready to trade mine in. Said they just got a 2 door, badlands sasquatch, and it was up for grabs. Sticker said special order. He even offered me to get in and turn it on. I'm not doing that to someone else's special order.

Had I just waited and used my local dealer in town, I could've saved some hassle and used a dealer i've bought two vehicles from. They just didn't have any sports in stock for over 3 months.

zachc275

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks (Area 51)
Before I got my OB, I considered ordering. One of the dealerships taking orders was Grand Prairie Ford in Grand Prairie, TX. The salesman I talked to on the phone shot himself in the foot when he said dealer options were standard on all vehicles, including custom orders. They also tried to tell me that they were a preferred Ford dealership and would get custom orders in sooner than others. To top it all off, they forgot about my original inquiry and called me back two weeks later. Didn’t matter though— as soon as I heard about the markup on custom orders I knew that they weren’t getting a dime from me, so I would recommend you don’t give a dime to them either.

OP
OP
FauxPaw

FauxPaw

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Before I got my OB, I considered ordering. One of the dealerships taking orders was Grand Prairie Ford in Grand Prairie, TX. The salesman I talked to on the phone shot himself in the foot when he said dealer options were standard on all vehicles, including custom orders. They also tried to tell me that they were a preferred Ford dealership and would get custom orders in sooner than others. To top it all off, they forgot about my original inquiry and called me back two weeks later. Didn’t matter though— as soon as I heard about the markup on custom orders I knew that they weren’t getting a dime from me, so I would recommend you don’t give a dime to them either.
At least they were honest about the dealer options.

Robert Flavor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2000 Kawasaki KLR650
I had a terrible experience with Covert Ford in Austin, Texas purchasing my Bronco Sport. I went here on a recommendation and regret it.

The mildly annoying:
The initial order process was simple, I used X-plan pricing to make a build order through Ford's website and then sent it to the dealership for the order to be built; simple. Obviously, my build was hit with some slowdown from the part shortages. In total it took 6 months for my build to be ready, but the initial estimate they gave me was 2. I would check in with my "salesman" when they would tell me to expect my car and then he would never return my calls. After the second time it took a week to make contact, I asked to work with someone else.

I've had to deal with needy/shitty people in my own work and I really try to be understanding to everyone's situation, but the bottom line was that I was purchasing a brand new fully loaded vehicle and the salesman wasn't helping me answer basic questions and making me chase him down to get any contact. I didn't want him to get a comission on my sale, so I received another salesman.

Things that actually piss me off:
I received a new salesman and he was initially helpful in answering the financing questions I needed answering and gave me an update on the delays.

where it gets bad
I had a promotional interest rate for 1% APR that I was assured would still apply to my purchase because I submitted my build order during the time it was available. It's Ford's policy to do this. At this time, I have everything locked in and am just waiting for the car to finish.

The day arrives, Bronco is ready. I show up at the dealership and the salesman tries telling me that my interest will be 6%. He tells me that because the promotion is expired, it no longer applies to me.

This is why you get everything in email.

I show him the email thread where he tells me using his own words the exact opposite of what he's telling me. After an hour of speaking with the sales manager, they "make an exception for me" to honor the interest rate. :clap:

Next, they bring me the bill of sale of my car. It's 600 dollars higher than the build order we've been looking at for 6 months now. The price of copilot 360 and something else I'm forgetting somehow goes up $300 each. They tell me the parts are more expensive now and there's nothing they could do. They have me by the balls, because if I walk away I'd be missing out on a car I've waited 6 months for.

The sales manager's way of making this right was to offer me an extended warranty, repeatedly.

In total, it took over 6 hours to complete my transaction. This is when the dealership had already run my credit and I had completed all required paperwork beforehand.

Weirdness and incompetence:
The salesman I worked with then repeatedly tried contacting me again asking how I liked the Bronco. When I mean repeatedly, he literally called me as I was leaving the dealership to ask me how I liked the car. He tried reaching out three more times over the course of three months and I did not respond to any of his texts.

Almost 1 year later, he messages me again:
Quote: "I need a copy of the Mustang Club membership card for Ford to honor X-plan pricing from the Mustang Mach-E"

He couldn't find proof of something I had already submitted and made it seem like they were going to charge me more money if I didn't give it to them. Worth noting, when you submit a build order with X-plan pricing, you enter a membership code on Ford's website and the pricing is itemized on your build order. Ford technically gets this information before you ever interact with the dealership.

On top of that, he didn't get the car I purchased from him right. I got in contact with someone else at the dealership and submitted X-plan proof to them.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Anybody experience any problems with Chapman Ford in Pa? More specific Chapman Ford of Horsham? They seem to be a group of Dealerships within 50-60 miles of Philadelphia with multiple Ford and other Dealerships.

Now that my car is ready for pick I seem to be getting the run around on the price.

OP
OP
FauxPaw

FauxPaw

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anybody experience any problems with Chapman Ford in Pa? More specific Chapman Ford of Horsham? They seem to be a group of Dealerships within 50-60 miles of Philadelphia with multiple Ford and other Dealerships.

Now that my car is ready for pick I seem to be getting the run around on the price.
Based on what people are saying on Dealerrater.com it seems like they’re ok as long as you aren’t hoping for good trade in value.
Sponsored