Dealership doesn't have access to rail car number. Is there another way to track my vehicle?

pete_brooks

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After 3 months in 2 weeks my vehicle has finally shipped. My dealership doesn't have any access to the rail car number. Is there any other way for me to track my vehicle?
Sponsored

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Works best on mobile.... Unitedroad.com

Search Vin. Register yourself and it will show rail movements in the US.

This is how I found ours at the railyard in Henderson CO

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Ive heard varying stories on this, some dealers have it readily available, some dont, some do a ton of digging and find it, that might be based on size of dealer I'm honestly not sure. My sales guy was super awesome the entire time but never came up with a rail car and he was very good about keeping me updated every other step of the way, we texted pretty regularly.

Mikey65

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands

Very helpful and thanks for that info! Found mine but appears there is no date though. Were you able to find a date(s) either how long it has been there, etc.???

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

This is only for the trucking at the end, right?

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do believe it is good for showing train arrivals as well
Hmm, data might not be loaded yet. I get nothing when I search my VIN.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got off a 2 hour shift that turned into 10 and received this from a salesman in response for my request for the rail car number, "Ford does not provide this information to us so I'm unable to satisfy your request at this time." I also received a voicemail reiterating that Ford does not provide this data to dealerships. Has the information on the VVR changed? Does Ford no longer put the rail car number in the secondary status block of the report when it is shipped? Or, is my dealership just lying to me? I'm hoping to be off in time for Tim Bartz's Q&A tomorrow so I can ask. I don't want to go full Karen with bad data.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just got off a 2 hour shift that turned into 10 and received this from a salesman in response for my request for the rail car number, "Ford does not provide this information to us so I'm unable to satisfy your request at this time." I also received a voicemail reiterating that Ford does not provide this data to dealerships. Has the information on the VVR changed? Does Ford no longer put the rail car number in the secondary status block of the report when it is shipped? Or, is my dealership just lying to me? I'm hoping to be off in time for Tim Bartz's Q&A tomorrow so I can ask. I don't want to go full Karen with bad data.
perhaps just call a couple other dealers in the area and ask that question. My guy knew every step of the way, full visibility. The only thing he didn't know is how quickly it would arrive, it caught him by surprise. He saw it on the rails, and thought we had til the end of the month...so he wasn't checking daily yet and it just showed up.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon

Just a few weeks ago I was able to see the railcar number in a VVR. I suspect in at least a few cases it's not that the dealer is lying and more they do not know how to pull the report. When I had dropped by asking for it the floor manager pulled up everything but the VVR. He had no idea how to pull it up and said what he showed is all the info they have. Lucky for us someone who did know how to pull the VVR was there and showed him how to get to it.
Sponsored