Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
well sounds like the sales manager might be looking for a new job. That being said, it really does show in how much demand the Sport it seeing.
And while I understand the purpose of the display models, seriously would you turn down a cash in hand car buyer?
Glad this had a happy ending.The dealership should have never demanded him to return it. Maybe they should have tried a more diplomatic approach to the customer and make it worth his while, rather than put a lot of bad press on already an unfortunate mistake of their own doing.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
well sounds like the sales manager might be looking for a new job. That being said, it really does show in how much demand the Sport it seeing.
And while I understand the purpose of the display models, seriously would you turn down a cash in hand car buyer?
Glad this had a happy ending.The dealership should have never demanded him to return it. Maybe they should have tried a more diplomatic approach to the customer and make it worth his while, rather than put a lot of bad press on already an unfortunate mistake of their own doing.
From what I've read, the punishment the dealers get from Ford when they do this (i.e. not allowed to order more cars to sell) is severe enough that the dealers don't care about the blowback from demanding the vehicle be returned. I don't profess to know the exact consequences but it's a major "no no" and all of the dealers are well aware of it.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well its accountability.
Ford has their consequences for violation of policy. But now they got a double whammy on their hands, punishment from Ford, and with the attempted correction, the public too.

I still feel there could have been a better way to have handled their mistake and saved face on both fronts

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
seriously would you turn down a cash in hand car buyer?
Absolutely they should turn down a cash in hand buyer. Ford isn’t stupid. The biggest drawback to online shopping is the lack of physical connection to a product. Ford knows very well that they’ll sell more Bronco Sports if each dealer has at least one on hand at all times. Otherwise, you run the risk of each car selling as soon as it gets to the lot, and potential buyers having a tough time viewing one in person.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely they should turn down a cash in hand buyer. Ford isn’t stupid. The biggest drawback to online shopping is the lack of physical connection to a product. Ford knows very well that they’ll sell more Bronco Sports if each dealer has at least one on hand at all times. Otherwise, you run the risk of each car selling as soon as it gets to the lot, and potential buyers having a tough time viewing one in person.
its a good point, and also why my dealer took the opportunity to show off mine in the showroom till I could pick it up and they managed to get some sales from it being there.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
its a good point, and also why my dealer took the opportunity to show off mine in the showroom till I could pick it up and they managed to get some sales from it being there.
Exactly. The Bronco Sport was there. They saw it, they touched it, they sat in it, they smelled the new car smell. Now they’re hooked.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Exactly. The Bronco Sport was there. They saw it, they touched it, they sat in it, they smelled the new car smell. Now they’re hooked.
There is a risk of giving someone new car fever (from exposure to new car smell), and they purchase something with inventory available. Now we all know the Bronco Sport is unique, but many with car fever need instant gratification and may find it elsewhere.

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
There is a risk of giving someone new car fever (from exposure to new car smell), and they purchase something with inventory available. Now we all know the Bronco Sport is unique, but many with car fever need instant gratification and may find it elsewhere.
I have had several dealers tell me when I contacted them that BS on site is for sale and then we I state I want to come visit and purchase , receive call back stating manakin model. Well then don’t advertise that it is for sale! Just had friend drive 2 hours , arrived at dealer only to be denied buying.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have had several dealers tell me when I contacted them that BS on site is for sale and then we I state I want to come visit and purchase , receive call back stating manakin model. Well then don’t advertise that it is for sale! Just had friend drive 2 hours , arrived at dealer only to be denied buying.

I cam across a number of dealers that did the same thing. Vehicle was listed on their site for sale, but was eventually told it was a demo and could not be sold for 4 mo. or 4k.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Anyone consider this Incident was discussed at a board meeting where it was decided it would be great for publicity, you know generate some news. Make people think about grabbing one with more urgency?
Sounds like a sales tactic, I cry Bull Hockey...

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Anyone consider this Incident was discussed at a board meeting where it was decided it would be great for publicity, you know generate some news. Make people think about grabbing one with more urgency?
Sounds like a sales tactic, I cry Bull Hockey...
No. The dealer fucked up. Plain and simple. It just happened to make it into "the news" this time.
Sponsored