Dealer Mark-Up - How Much Over the Reservation Price Will Sports Go For?

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
My dealer told me today that I can test drive "my" Sport before signing. He says if I do not like it, they will take it for inventory because of the "hotcake" popularity.

How much do you think the dealer mark-ups will be? I'm guessing 2-4k? for the Sport and likely even higher for the big one, maybe 5-8+k, especially since you cannot get one if you order now until maybe late 2021 or 2022+.

It will be kind of cool to be driving a Sport or Big Bronco before they populate the roads.
Sponsored

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I expect dealer stock to start showing up by mid-to-late April 2021. Don’t think they will be asking much over MSRP.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
My dealer's website says no ADM (additional dealer markup) on Broncos, so MSRP.

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
I ordered mine as X-plan, so I'll be under MSRP by...I forget, something like $1500-1800.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
my dealer told me there will be no mark up for me. long story short, i had a reservation but mistakenly cancelled, so i just have to put a special order through the dealer. they mentioned they’re receiving 3 bronco sports for their stock come december (idk how accurate they were) and would not mark it up if I chose to purchase one of those ones instead.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Receiving three BS for “stock” in December would be a kick in the rear to those of us who have reservations. Rumor had been no stock until reservations were filled.

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
I ordered mine as X-plan, so I'll be under MSRP by...I forget, something like $1500-1800.
Just curious, did your dealer give you any specific confirmation of your x plan pricing?

I was told they would honor x plan for me in an email but all I have is the wbdo pdf showing the msrp pricing.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Receiving three BS for “stock” in December would be a kick in the rear to those of us who have reservations. Rumor had been no stock until reservations were filled.
Looking at the bronco sport inventory section of Ford's site seems like a lot of dealers have stock ones on the way right now. I thought only mannequins were coming first but the site showing pricing seems to indicate that they are for sale. @Granger Ford can you confirm?

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Just curious, did your dealer give you any specific confirmation of your x plan pricing?

I was told they would honor x plan for me in an email but all I have is the wbdo pdf showing the msrp pricing.
My dealer did this as well, gave me a wbdo pdf showing msrp and simply claimed it wasn't available showing xplan pricing. I pushed back and sent my rep one someone from this forum had posted clearly showing same document reflecting x-plan. Rep then quickly sent me an updated version of mine with x-plan and said he just had to click something differently and another salesmen showed him how to do it.

So, lesson is, it's probably just a naive rep.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference between invoice and MSRP on a BL is about $1200, and X-plan price is higher than invoice. My X-plan shows $1000 under MSRP.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That doesn't really makes sense. X-Plan should be invoice -0.4% of MSRP.
I have it as: X plan = Dealer Invoice - (0.4% Dealer Invoice) + $275 administrative fee.
Is that wrong?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I have it as: X plan = Dealer Invoice - (0.4% Dealer Invoice) + $275 administrative fee.
Is that wrong?
According to this post from Granger...
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/pricing-x-plan-granger-program.1247/post-24493

It's "...0.4% of the msrp without freight..."

So depending on your package it may or may not cancel out the administrative fees.

Now unless you meant you can get it for invoice price without administrative fees... then I would concede.
Sponsored