Cyber Orange with Gray Roof??

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Since I'm still waiting to be scheduled for a built week...now I'm thinking about my color choice. Maybe I can make some adjustment. I've seen a cyber orange with standard black roof. I never seen one, in person, cyber orange with gray roof. I just saw a Mach E with cyber orange on the road....with the orange roof..wow! that is a bright orange/yellow!

I may only have seen one or two pics of cyber orange with the carbonized gray roof. is that a good combo? I'm started to like the gray roof on other base color like the blue. Plus, maybe it will keep the car cooler by a few degree under the hot sun. I wish Ford would have a white roof as an option as well.

please show your gray roof pics...especially under bright sun with orange base color or any other colors

thanks!
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't find it objectionable. In fact with the gray grill and stock wheels I think it balances out well.

Ford Bronco Sport Cyber Orange with Gray Roof?? vehicle (2)

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I ordered Cactus Gray with Carbonized Gray roof. I just didn’t like the idea of a black roof. Mostly how it would show scratches and also the hope that it would be a little cooler in the sun, as you mentioned. The other Carbonized Gray accents should help to bring it all together aesthetically.

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I saw the configurator pictures. it does look like matching well with the trims and wheels. I just hope if i change the roof color and they won't push back scheduling me...

I wonder if they paint the roof separately or just on top of the orange base paint?? these are all in assembly line robotic painting. do they paint a batch of colors cars together?

anyway, I think I will call my salesman today and ask.

maybe i should design and make a shade that mounts on the roof rack..much like window shades, just pull out when parked under the sun or under a tree (to avoid dropping and tree sap). save some precious California water to wash the car :)

Last edited:

BenOutside85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Subaru Outback
I ordered my Cactus Gray badlands with a gray roof as well. I love black but it seemed like too much and like the other comment I was worried about even more scratches showing up.

Also, you’ll just stand out more. It seems 80% of BL I’ve seen, go with a black roof.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Grey roof with cyber orange? What kind of idiot would order that?
;)

(Yeah, it's painted over)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
OP, for as long as it lasts…check current inventory here…there are more pics of this combo…

www.brockfordsales.com

Ford Bronco Sport Cyber Orange with Gray Roof?? 5B1815BB-8434-4BA5-A5E0-81903DD4D909

Reactions: MJE

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This is exactly what I ordered. Current build week is June 6. @WildFord when it comes in you can bet I’ll post pics.

I live in SWFL and didn’t want a black roof to attract even more heat. But I DO like the look, and chose it for more than functionality.

Updates to come when it arrives.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I wonder if they paint the roof separately or just on top of the orange base paint?? these are all in assembly line robotic painting. do they paint a batch of colors cars together?
On top, and in my opinion, the black/yellow forms a bad line because they do the black and then the yellow so coverage is nasty. The seam/line isn't on an exposed part, but you can see it with the hatch open. It just looks sloppy to me.

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
thanks for all the comments...yeah, I think the black roof looks good. my thought is the same as @Melzz ...more of functional. but I really hope my car is already scheduled to be built by the time you take delivery of your car assuming in July sometime. @Glamdring70 thanks for the note...I will need to go find a cyber orange and check that transition between roof and base body color....

looks like there is a local dealer has one on order from Ford. according to Ford website, it is already delivered, but the dealer site doesn't show it that way. maybe I will pop by this afternoon and have a look.

but it is overcast today so won't get a feel of the color under full sun. will report back with photos if that car is there....

I have to say a car full cyber orange doesn't look as good as the two tone look. that mach E I saw under full sun was glowing from a mile away. wow!! i really like the color but it seems like it needs to be two tone for a BS and a Mach E.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I 300% agree about the new '22 Big Bends that are coming out in Cyber Orange. They look bad and actually make me like the color less. I call them big bananas, lol. This color needs something to compliment and ground it. I did see one person's photos of a CO Big Bend and they added some wide black graphic striping and a black hood scoop and it looked alright.

Many of the BS color options are those mid-range "chameleon" colors that change color just under shifting light conditions. The Cactus Grey especially so which can range from greenish to blueish. Cyber Orange is the same sort of beast and goes from school bus to sunset colors so definitely look at it in overcast if you can. Great choices by Ford, IMO (except the overlooked GREEN!!).

I should again stress these "seams" are only on the inside of the liftgate and only visible when it's open. I caught a lot of crap from this board for complaining about paint previously. But this is how my particular one is finished, and you can see they added Orange over the black instead of the other way around which seems odd to me.

I'm not a good painter and I don't have a way to apply CO paint, but I would rather coat the poorly sprayed areas in the engine bay and inner doors if I was. This tailgate I could probably fix with black, if I was inclined.

To ward off anyone saying "all car makers do this", nope. Just bought a two-tone Hyundai this year. The paint is beautiful and flawless inside and out and where the colors meet, the lines are sharp and crisp and the paint is so thick, you can feel the raised edge with a finger where one color overlaps the other. Thick. Paint. These seams on my gate may as well be Sharpie'd on. Hmm, speaking of fixing...

Ford Bronco Sport Cyber Orange with Gray Roof?? IMG_20220416_084823020
Ford Bronco Sport Cyber Orange with Gray Roof?? IMG_20220416_084837672
Ford Bronco Sport Cyber Orange with Gray Roof?? IMG_20220416_084911712

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I 300% agree about the new '22 Big Bends that are coming out in Cyber Orange. They look bad and actually make me like the color less. I call them big bananas, lol. This color needs something to compliment and ground it. I did see one person's photos of a CO Big Bend and they added some wide black graphic striping and a black hood scoop and it looked alright.

Many of the BS color options are those mid-range "chameleon" colors that change color just under shifting light conditions. The Cactus Grey especially so which can range from greenish to blueish. Cyber Orange is the same sort of beast and goes from school bus to sunset colors so definitely look at it in overcast if you can. Great choices by Ford, IMO (except the overlooked GREEN!!).

I should again stress these "seams" are only on the inside of the liftgate and only visible when it's open. I caught a lot of crap from this board for complaining about paint previously. But this is how my particular one is finished, and you can see they added Orange over the black instead of the other way around which seems odd to me.

I'm not a good painter and I don't have a way to apply CO paint, but I would rather coat the poorly sprayed areas in the engine bay and inner doors if I was. This tailgate I could probably fix with black, if I was inclined.

To ward off anyone saying "all car makers do this", nope. Just bought a two-tone Hyundai this year. The paint is beautiful and flawless inside and out and where the colors meet, the lines are sharp and crisp and the paint is so thick, you can feel the raised edge with a finger where one color overlaps the other. Thick. Paint. These seams on my gate may as well be Sharpie'd on. Hmm, speaking of fixing...
I think the reason that they paint the roof first (black) is that they do the roof painting for any/all colors first (at least one’s that have a black roof or carbonized gray). Then they have bodies lined up with the roof already painted. Then they can paint the body whatever color the order calls for. I agree that the edges from one color to another should be better. I’m not looking forward to seeing what mine looks like when it arrives.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I think the reason that they paint the roof first (black) is that they do the roof painting for any/all colors first (at least one’s that have a black roof or carbonized gray). Then they have bodies lined up with the roof already painted. Then they can paint the body whatever color the order calls for. I agree that the edges from one color to another should be better. I’m not looking forward to seeing what mine looks like when it arrives.
Ok, I took the hook! I went to look at the Unicorn I have. All Carbonized Gray. No black or shadows to be found under the hatches. Go figure!

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I would agree with you, I think the BS BL looks great in Cyber Orange with the Black roof (hence we bought one) the contrast makes it pop, the big Bronco looks good as well because of its contrasting hard or soft top, the Maverick doesn't looks as good because solid color, no contrast.
Sponsored