CURT FIXED HITCH MOUNTED BASKET

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Does anyone have Curt Hitch Basket (P/N VM1PZ19J353A)?

You can see it here:
https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-sport-2021-fixed-hitch-mounted-basket-1

I've been looking for something to spend our points on, and this is looking like a good option.

That is, unless people do not like it for some reason.

Curt has a good rep, so I'm guessing it's well made, just hoping to get some feedback before odrering..
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Does anyone have Curt Hitch Basket (P/N VM1PZ19J353A)?

You can see it here:
https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-sport-2021-fixed-hitch-mounted-basket-1

I've been looking for something to spend our points on, and this is looking like a good option.

That is, unless people do not like it for some reason.

Curt has a good rep, so I'm guessing it's well made, just hoping to get some feedback before odrering..
I’d buy it elsewhere if I were you. I have the same basket but paid just over 1/3 for it but several years ago. It’s a heavy beast.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d buy it elsewhere if I were you. I have the same basket but paid just over 1/3 for it but several years ago. It’s a heavy beast.
Thanks for the tip!

My wife just came across it on the Ford Accessories site and I haven't had a chance to check it out.

Aside from the weight, are there any other drawbacks you can think of?

Our problem is that we have the 42,000 points/$210 and cannot figure out what to spend it on. First World problem I suppose, but it is a bit frustrating.

Ford wants $275 (incl. tax) -- and as far as I know, that is for pickup at the dealer, not home delivery.

I just did a quick search and found it for:

* $185 on Amazon
* $178 at Home Depot (but out of stock)
* Then there's this place that lists it for $55?!:
https://fullwilliam.com/products/-products-bronco-sport-2021-fixed-hitch-mounted-basket-1?variant_sku_code=1790623-204720-1028426-0-0-0-0

Clearly some mistake, but they do have the Ford returns boilerplate at the bottom of the page, as well as listing the 2021/22 Bronco Sport. I'm thinking maybe the $55 is for installation -- but when I check the cart it just shows $55. Strange. I may check it out further out of curiosity.

* $167 at NAPA ($177 incl. tax) -- so almost $100 less than Ford, and that includes delivery.

Unless for some bizarre reason (closeout, etc.) that $55 price is legit, I'll probably go with NAPA. FYI -- the NAPA website offers a promo code "NAPAVIP" for 20% off, however when you go to order, there's no place to put the code. Turns out it does not apply to certain items, like the cargo carrier.

Of course there are cheaper ones at places like Harbor Freight it looks like a "you get what you pay for" situation.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Check discountramps.com. Very pleased with everything I have purchased there. Cargo bag, service ramps, rooftop rack.

Just bought a rooftop rack on there that looks to be identical to a $500 rack from a big name company. Instruction sheets online are the same.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tip!

My wife just came across it on the Ford Accessories site and I haven't had a chance to check it out.

Our problem is that we have the 42,000 points/$210 and cannot figure out what to spend it on. First World problem I suppose, but it is a bit frustrating.

Ford wants $275 (incl. tax) -- and as far as I know, that is for pickup at the dealer, not home delivery.

* $185 on Amazon
https://fullwilliam.com/products/-products-bronco-sport-2021-fixed-hitch-mounted-basket-1?variant_sku_code=1790623-204720-1028426-0-0-0-0

Clearly some mistake, but they do have the Ford returns boilerplate at the bottom of the page, as well as listing the 2021/22 Bronco Sport. I'm thinking maybe the $55 is for installation -- but when I check the cart it just shows $55. Strange. I may check it out further out of curiosity.

* $167 at NAPA ($177 incl. tax) -- so almost $100 less than Ford, and that includes delivery.

Unless for some bizarre reason (closeout, etc.) that $55 price is legit, I'll probably go with NAPA. FYI -- the NAPA website offers a promo code "NAPAVIP" for 20% off, however when you go to order, there's no place to put the code. Turns out it does not apply to certain items, like the cargo carrier.

Of course there are cheaper ones at places like Harbor Freight it looks like a "you get what you pay for" situation.
I’ve had no issues with mine. We use it only a few times a year but well constructed. I think I paid about 99, but that was several years ago.

Last edited:

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Search for the fullwilliam site mentioned above. Very low rating and trust score on scam review sites.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had no issues with mine. We use it only a few times a year but we’ll constructed. I think I spied about 99 but that was several years ago.
Sounds good, thank you!

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Search for the fullwilliam site mentioned above. Very low rating and trust score on scam review sites.
Thank you Paul! I hadn't gotten that far, you saved me the trouble.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still trying to figure out what to spend the 42,000 points on...

There's no reason to get the Curt cargo carrier from Ford if NAPA has it for almost $100 less, delivered.

At some point though, if the points are going to expire, we should spend them on *something*, even if it is overpriced -- rather than lose $210.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still trying to figure out what to spend the 42,000 points on...

There's no reason to get the Curt cargo carrier from Ford if NAPA has it for almost $100 less, delivered.

At some point though, if the points are going to expire, we should spend them on *something*, even if it is overpriced -- rather than lose $210.
When do the points retire? Don’t you just need to have some service done to keep them up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When do the points retire? Don’t you just need to have some service done to keep them up?
I believe they expire one year after receipt if no action is taken.

I've read that using even a portion of them delays the expiration or the remainder -- perhaps to a year from last use? I have no idea.

As much as possible, we do our own maint. and repairs (even have a 2 post lift) but if we cannot find anything to buy, then we could have some service done.

Someone on another thread (maybe 'FordPass VISA Points'?) has over 300,000(!) points. IIRC, he said the VISA points never expire. If so, I guess that's an option.

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the tip!

* $185 on Amazon

With my military discount at Home Depot, that's a deal I need to look into - if I can find it in stock.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I'd like to thank you guys for posting this info. I Just stumbled across it in looking at "What's New". I had previously purchased a Yakima Lock and Load "B" Platform and had been using it on my brothers Subaru, while I was waiting for my BS to arrive. After seeing the gas mileage hit on that and also not wanting to extend the already tall height of the BS on our off road adventures, we had been working on downsizing our cargo but I saw the possibly, of the need for some more cargo capacity, occasionally. And now you have provided the perfect solution.

I just ordered, from NAPA, both the hitch basket and their Cargo Bag, their P/N's, AAGAG0244400007 and AAGAG0687700003 and got 20% off on each!!!! So the basket cost me $141.19 and the 56x22x21" bag $67.59 + tax but FREE SHIPING.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/search?text=AAGAG0687700003&referer=v2

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to thank you guys for posting this info. I Just stumbled across it in looking at "What's New". I had previously purchased a Yakima Lock and Load "B" Platform and had been using it on my brothers Subaru, while I was waiting for my BS to arrive. After seeing the gas mileage hit on that and also not wanting to extend the already tall height of the BS on our off road adventures, we had been working on downsizing our cargo but I saw the possibly, of the need for some more cargo capacity, occasionally. And now you have provided the perfect solution.

I just ordered, from NAPA, both the hitch basket and their Cargo Bag, their P/N's, AAGAG0244400007 and AAGAG0687700003 and got 20% off on each!!!! So the basket cost me $141.19 and the 56x22x21" bag $67.59 + tax but FREE SHIPING.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/search?text=AAGAG0687700003&referer=v2
You're welcome Bluebaru!

You beat me to it with the NAPA deal. I posted above:

"FYI -- the NAPA website offers a promo code "NAPAVIP" for 20% off, however when you go to order, there's no place to put the code. Turns out it does not apply to certain items, like the cargo carrier."

Afterwards, I realized I had an email from NAPA that offered 20% off -- different code, "NAPA20" IIRC.

I got all the way through the process and again:

Ford Bronco Sport CURT FIXED HITCH MOUNTED BASKET 1661109244085

The discount evaporated when I clicked "sign in" to complete the order.

However, there was another option -- go thru the order process as if you do not have an account.

I cleared my browser history (IDK if that was necessary) and went back and ordered again as if I was a new customer. Success! I got the carrier for $141 (+tax) and the same 20% discount on what appears to be a decent hitch pin. Free delivery.

So $155 total (incl. tax) for the carrier and hitch pin delivered.

The NAPA site is not quite ready for prime time. Many of the hitch pins do not have the most important specs -- like dimensions and grade. I had to do some detective work. Also, the shipping fees were backwards -- free for sooner (Aug. 24 + 25 in my case) -- hefty fees for LATER delivery (like Aug. 27). Strange.

P.S. I have a Bluebaru -- 2002 WRX.
Sponsored