haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I was driving to a party and found a tight spot and thought I could make it but ended up scraping my tire on the curb and the wheel now has curb rash, any quick fixes for now because the car is still under 2,000 miles and don't want to do heavy repairs on it when its still new. I can post pics in the morning
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I can post pics in the morning
I think pics will make it much easier for folks with the skills to give you advice. You can often MITIGATE curb rash, and depending on the severity those mitigation efforts might not even be very noticeable.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry to hear that. Any chance you purchased the wheel warranty from Ford at time of purchase? This is the type of thing that makes that warranty worth it.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
depends on the extent of the rash.
ive seen wheel repair professionals fix all kinds of crazy damage.
what i do, is turn the mirror down to the ground, so you can see if you’re going to rub or not. i dont wanna gouge my KO2s.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
There are places that will repair or just swap you plus cash. Here’s ours that is being replaced with a refurbished one.
Ford Bronco Sport Curbed wheel. How to fix curb rash? 377F3277-252B-4A3E-B64C-5C29C85CABBE

OP
OP

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Curbed wheel. How to fix curb rash? 29F4B499-A32C-49A3-AF4A-6D7E5BB817E3
Ford Bronco Sport Curbed wheel. How to fix curb rash? B86E622C-943D-4902-9BB9-84AD12591A43

there are 2 spots on the wheel, thanks for the support already

OP
OP

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that. Any chance you purchased the wheel warranty from Ford at time of purchase? This is the type of thing that makes that warranty worth it.
I did but I’m just curious what exactly it covers

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Look for places around you or ask around , let your fingers do the walking , for someone who will specialize in Mag wheel repair , that should buff out , the Tire just needed to be dressed . You will need to dismount the Tire to repair the Rim.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Your particular wheel pops up on ebay all the time. I'd just replace it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I did but I’m just curious what exactly it covers
You can make this damage less noticeable, but there's a lot of material gone, so it will never be completely imperceptible. The video below covers the basics of how it's done. The guy in the video is using a cordless drill with a sanding disk attachment (BTW: if you don't have a cordless drill then my guess is you probably don't have the inclination to take on a project like this). It's an iterative process using progressively finer grit. The guy in the video is going at it a bit more aggressively than I would; I would go very slowly and carefully, and try to blend the repaired area into the undamaged area as gradually as possible.

I haven't seen them in person, but it appears the portion of your wheel that's damaged is polished, which should make this repair a bit easier. After you've sanded out the gouges you use polishing compound and a polishing wheel to blend the repaired area to match the rest of the wheel.

NOTE: This is easier to do if you take the tire off the wheel; you can gouge up your tire if you're not careful.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Find a good rim repair shop and take it to them.

Had a family member's truck hit some unknown object on the road. Destroyed the tire and put a pretty good dent into the rim. I was amazed with the before/after. You couldn't tell where the damage occurred.

Magnato1

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was driving to a party and found a tight spot and thought I could make it but ended up scraping my tire on the curb and the wheel now has curb rash, any quick fixes for now because the car is still under 2,000 miles and don't want to do heavy repairs on it when its still new. I can post pics in the morning
I found a brand new Big Bend wheel for my spare tire (now I have 5 rims/tires that I can rotate, in case 1 tire gets trashed, I wont have to buy 4 new ones) at Santa Ana Wheel. Great price, quick shipping, wheel looks great.

I actually bought it from their eBay store, but here's a link to their website: https://www.santaanawheel.com/
Sponsored