AltoAlto

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus (in the shop awaiting a TCM) :(
It's almost as if, Ford decided to not include the ambient lit cup holders in the 22s, but still had some of the wiring left over so they used up the harnesses they had left and plugged them into the dead plug like on mine. After they used up the old harnesses, they no longer needed to plug the unused harness into the dead plug. This all happened somewhere between my January built Outer Banks and your February built Outer Banks.
I wonder if the old harness has a part number and could also be ordered? No idea where it routes to....so replacing the harness might be not worth it.... (just thinking out loud)

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi ya’ll I’m new to the forum, but wanted to share a little bit of my BB experience. I got my Cactus Grey Outer Banks on December last year and noticed the cup holder wouldn’t illuminate like in other ford models. I contacted several dealers and all said the cup holder didn’t come with ambient lighting. After removal of cup holder I found wires cut and pre-set for ambient lighting, so I started my research. I ended up finding that the 2020+ Escape cup holder fits which has ambient lighting. Part #LJ6Z-7813562-FA. Now I have the full ambient lighting inside my Outer Banks and if you want to add it here it is! Attached are pics of originally equipped cup holder and the cut wires, part number, and finished product.

C3F790D5-7DF8-42A4-A7B9-9AC0C3C01CE1.jpeg

9EF4FAB3-06AA-4837-BA25-30C5C42500F5.jpeg

284D6967-5BCA-41E6-B581-2640A269AF49.jpeg
I have the 2021 Outer Banks and it has all ambient lighting - right from the start.
I'm not aware of any extra "luxury" packages that I ordered.

Cheers