aberrationis

Badlands
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Anyone else have their moonroof start creaking? Originally thought it was happening more in cold weather, but seems to be more constant now. Can hear it creak/rattle going over any uneven surface.
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
and now another reason to ditch the moonroof
are you listening Ford

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
On my '16 F150 it creaked and Ford published TSB which says apply synthetic grease around the opening to stop the noise.

You prob have to take to dealer and have them listen to it.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I used the Honda grease effectively on my wife's sunroof gaskets
:
Shin-Etsu Silicone Grease - Honda (08798-9013)

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Same thing on my 2018 F150.....I used Vaseline and put it on the entire rubber gasket around the glass......apply liberally and wipe off excess later....never made a noise since

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Same thing on my 2018 F150.....I used Vaseline and put it on the entire rubber gasket around the glass......apply liberally and wipe off excess later....never made a noise since
Yeah I have only greased mine once couple years back. But I used Dielectric grease cause that is what I had lying around at the time. But now have a tube of the high dollar synthetic lube on hand if it makes the noise again.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Yeah I have only greased mine once couple years back. But I used Dielectric grease cause that is what I had lying around at the time. But now have a tube of the high dollar synthetic lube on hand if it makes the noise again.
Actually, the dielectric grease was probably ideal as it is typically a silicone grease, which is what the Honda product I mentioned is. I suspect that it is probably better for the seal than Vaseline.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
My moonroof was creaking, did a search and found this thread. I have some Shin-Etsu Silicone Grease from my Miata, I'll have to give it a try.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
This is kind of and old thread, but anyone should be aware... some Bronco Sports have a recall for the Moonroof. The recall says that inadequate adhesive was used to bond the glass. So if yours is creaking, perhaps the bonding agent is slacking off and manifesting as a creaky noise. You can see if yours has a recall by looking at the FordPass app or your Vehicle Dashboard on Ford. If not, you can always press a dealership to press on Ford and maybe a replacement would be better.

So far my window seems fine but the shade does have a klunky rattle when it is open. I usually drive with it shut so it isn't a big deal for me.

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have a creaking moonroof as well! Situation is:
  • Creaking sound when 3/4 to fully closed. Creaking begins to occur when moonroof is partially closed, right at the point where it starts to push against the wind deflector that pops up. From that point to being fully closed (experimented various moonroof positions) it creaks!
  • When moonroof is open past the point of pushing against the wind deflector, there is no creaking.
Already tried silicon grease application to the rubber gasket and that did not work. Seems just a matter of finding the right spot to apply some silicon (or lithium?) grease. Any ideas much appreciated. Thank you!

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
I thought dirt sticks to grease and Vaseline.
Sponsored