KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
I am still in the Waiting Room with an early July delivery (I Hope). I am seeing all the posts on the Windows and Paint chips, thinking that I will be getting a tint all around and a film on the hood and windshield to mitigate the issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

It is sad that this almost feels like a must with what I’m seeing posted.
Sponsored

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I am still in the Waiting Room with an early July delivery (I Hope). I am seeing all the posts on the Windows and Paint chips, thinking that I will be getting a tint all around and a film on the hood and windshield to mitigate the issue.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

It is sad that this almost feels like a must with what I’m seeing posted.
Where I live and with today's weight saving construction materials I feel it is a MUST! I had a 2011 ridgeline with out it, replace the windshield once because of uncountable little divots. When I trade it in 2019, it looked like a teenager with the worst acne problem you have ever seen. Took a major hit on trade-in value. They replaced the windshield again and did a full body rework on the front end. It would have cost more than the $3500 I am investing in PPF and ceramic coating, this time around. I have gone from no ppf, to anyplace that I recognize could be a problem. I have added ceramic coating for easy cleanup...it's not a protect thing. I am hoping for the best on this level because the next level is full PPF starts at about 6K, and then you add ceramic coating for easy clean up.