JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Apparently an awful lot is riding on the Bronco Sport and Bronco. The Detroit Free Press reports about a new round of restructuring and layoffs: https://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle/report-ford-plans-to-slash-1000-jobs-in-north-america-as-restructuring-drags-on#

Being one of those unlucky Focus customers who had to deal with lots of tranny issues, I confess to feeling some qualms about going with the Sport. I’m hoping they have done it right this time.

(I wasn’t sure where to post this. Happy to have it moved)
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Thanks for posting that. Wow, they are awfully ambitious considering their financial condition. That probably explains why they keep delaying the "build and price" for the larger Bronco.
I did not know about the Department of Energy loans from 2009. All the hype at the time was that Ford had secured financing ahead of the crisis and avoided bankruptcy and government bailout. Apparently, some of that financing was government loans, which they are still deferring. At least GM paid theirs back, or so I read.
Hopefully, they will get their act together, although this morning's news included a major Ford recall for backup cameras on several popular models. That can't help their bank account.

Recall info: Recall Info - October 2, 2020

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I too was/still am one of the unfortunate many with a Focus. Looking at my BS order, I’m hoping the same thing about all the first year bugs, and also kicking myself wishing the trade-in value was higher. I took immaculate care of mine, but “reliability ratings” have me looking at the short end of a bad offer.

OP
OP
JamesT

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I too was/still am one of the unfortunate many with a Focus. Looking at my BS order, I’m hoping the same thing about all the first year bugs, and also kicking myself wishing the trade-in value was higher. I took immaculate care of mine, but “reliability ratings” have me looking at the short end of a bad offer.
It’s too bad cuz it has been a fun hot hatch except for that

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
It’s too bad cuz it has been a fun hot hatch except for that
Agreed. Mine had the transmission fully replaced at 3k miles new, and not an issue since. I'm trying to time my BS delivery carefully as I consider selling private part rather than trade-in. For 65k miles and perfect history, ± $5k isn't nearly good enough an offer from my dealer for trade-in in my opinion. I will miss it though. If I didn't need the funds toward the new vehicle, I'd keep it since it's paid off and makes for a great roadtrip vehicle.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Ford has some really good options to make money if they would use good marketing. The Ford Raptor Ranger would sell like hotcakes. It's already proven to be a BIG seller and highly rated truck in other countries. I'd buy one tomorrow if they were in the US (as long as they did not use a wimpy engine).

Off-road use is going to put a LOT more strain and punishment on a BS transmission, much more than the Escape. I believe this is the weakest link. If I end up with the BS, I can guarantee you I'll get the longest term warranty available, especially with a first year build.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Ford has some really good options to make money if they would use good marketing. The Ford Raptor Ranger would sell like hotcakes. It's already proven to be a BIG seller and highly rated truck in other countries. I'd buy one tomorrow if they were in the US (as long as they did not use a wimpy engine).

Off-road use is going to put a LOT more strain and punishment on a BS transmission, much more than the Escape. I believe this is the weakest link. If I end up with the BS, I can guarantee you I'll get the longest term warranty available, especially with a first year build.
That's a good plan... Also I believe with the BL editions, they have a transmission oil cooler so that should help a bit at least.
Sponsored