Coolant temperature warning

E3stroke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey there, about a week ago my coolant temperature warning light popped on and it won't go away. It pops on as soon as I start my vehicle, first it's red and then turns white.

Have had my vehicle since January and it's never been on before. I took it to the dealer and they said it's fine because the icon is illuminated white and not red.

Seems odd to me has anyone experienced this before? I have less than 3k miles so it seems unlikely to be a real issue. Thanks!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hey there, about a week ago my coolant temperature warning light popped on and it won't go away. It pops on as soon as I start my vehicle, first it's red and then turns white.

Have had my vehicle since January and it's never been on before. I took it to the dealer and they said it's fine because the icon is illuminated white and not red.

Seems odd to me has anyone experienced this before? I have less than 3k miles so it seems unlikely to be a real issue. Thanks!
Good morning! I would like to assist with your coolant warning concern. Can you please send us a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?

OP
OP

E3stroke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You need to find another dealer. There should be NO warning lights illuminated on your dash.
I mean that's what I thought too. Here is a pic, it looks like this soon as I start the car.

Ford Bronco Sport Coolant temperature warning PXL_20220927_163013987.MP

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I mean that's what I thought too. Here is a pic, it looks like this soon as I start the car.
I have the larger center display, so I can't confirm for you, but I don't believe that's a warning light; I believe it's just the symbol telling you the gauge is for the engine coolant. There's also a symbol of a fuel pump next to the fuel gauge. On my car the coolant symbol never changes color--it's always white.

OP
OP

E3stroke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have the larger center display, so I can't confirm for you, but I don't believe that's a warning light; I believe it's just the symbol telling you the gauge is for the engine coolant. There's also a symbol of a fuel pump next to the fuel gauge. On my car the coolant symbol never changes color--it's always white.
Ok cool appreciate the feedback, just thought it was strange I've never seen it on the display until a week ago.
Sponsored