DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have read allot of conflicting information on music and playlist format for Sync3. And what format the USB memory stick has to have for Sync3 access.

I would like to copy all the music I have under iTunes to a USB memory stick instead of having the iPod plugged into the Bronco Sport.

And suggestions on how to go about this?

Do you have to convert the files to MP3?

Do you have to use 3rd party software?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have read allot of conflicting information on music and playlist format for Sync3. And what format the USB memory stick has to have for Sync3 access.

I would like to copy all the music I have under iTunes to a USB memory stick instead of having the iPod plugged into the Bronco Sport.

And suggestions on how to go about this?

Do you have to convert the files to MP3?

Do you have to use 3rd party software?

Thanks for any advice.
I had no problems using a USB stick with a mix of WMA and MP3 of all different bps with SYNC3 in my Mustang. SYNC3 incorporates Gracenote, which will automatically grab metadata about the track playing for display. Since SYNC3 is compatible with Apple Car Play I would imagine it also supports AAC files. It should be easy enough to test. Regarding USB stick format, I don't remember doing anything special, but to upgrade SYNC3 you have to use one formatted as exFAT.

OP
OP
DonImbimbo

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
OK - I had no problems getting the music to work. I just copied the folder for each album to the USB stick. Worked fine.

Then I tried playlists. I thought I read that you have to have a folder called "playlists". And then you export each playlist from iTunes as an XML file. But I don't see where these would appear in Sync3.

Any ideas?
Sponsored