Convert Flat 4pin to Round 7Pin?

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anyone had there 4pin wiring harness converted to 7pin? My boat has a 7pin connector, there are no trailer brakes or anything fancy. I purchased an adapter but it constantly has a fault in one of the blinkers and just overall is a pain and hangs low.

Anyone have experience converted theirs or recommend a good adapter that doesnt look terrible?
Sponsored

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Are you saying we spent all that extra money for the tow package and it doesnt come with the 7 pin plug? Cheap bastards.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Are you saying we spent all that extra money for the tow package and it doesnt come with the 7 pin plug? Cheap bastards.
You are correct. No 7 pin.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Maximum tow weight is limited to 2200 lbs for the Badlands, and not many trailers that light incorporate brakes.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Running total
Better reclining seats +600
Fancy homelink +130
Choice on 73 colorway options for interior +1300
Multiple tow harness pin options +150
Engine covers for all +200 and three months delay on all builds to source parts
Better brakes +230
Motion power lift gate +700
Those features alone add another $3500 ish to every trim...and that's just the dream list off the top of my head with off the top of my head costs.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Maximum tow weight is limited to 2200 lbs for the Badlands, and not many trailers that light incorporate brakes.
The other issue that most might have a real beef with is the reverse braking unlock.

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
How much does your boat trailer with a boat on it weigh? I'd be very surprised if it's less than 2200 lbs.
Yes you are right. These donkies are worthless for towing. Even the bigger donkey is worthless for towing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, we've gone from an explanation for why your Badlands doesn't have a 7-pin connector to they are worthless donkies because they can't tow more than 2200 lbs. Not sure I agree with you on that. I've used mine to tow on several occasions, and I haven't had any difficulties. Of course, I'm not trying to tow more than the vehicle is rated to tow.

Here's a question: were you aware of the towing limit before you purchased your Badlands?

OP
OP
snoochyboochies
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am towing a bass boat that weighs about 1800lbs and it pulls it just fine , however my boat has a 7pin even though there are no trailer brakes or anything fancy for the boat. No one actually answered my question unfortunately, and the first reply asked why I don't just use an adapter I guess they didn't read my entire post because I use an adapter now and it's garbage.

Hope someone has some actual insight or experience with this.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Has anyone had there 4pin wiring harness converted to 7pin? My boat has a 7pin connector, there are no trailer brakes or anything fancy. I purchased an adapter but it constantly has a fault in one of the blinkers and just overall is a pain and hangs low.

Anyone have experience converted theirs or recommend a good adapter that doesnt look terrible?
Get the 4 pin connector for the trailer.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am towing a bass boat that weighs about 1800lbs and it pulls it just fine , however my boat has a 7pin even though there are no trailer brakes or anything fancy for the boat. No one actually answered my question unfortunately, and the first reply asked why I don't just use an adapter I guess they didn't read my entire post because I use an adapter now and it's garbage.

Hope someone has some actual insight or experience with this.
I think any adapter you use is going to cause problems eventually. The four-pin connector on the car wasn't meant to support the weight of a seven-pin connector. You might find a way to support the weight of the connector for the sake of strain relief, but I think your best option is like max (Warren) suggested: convert your trailer's connector to a four-pin. It shouldn't be too difficult using this guide.

Ford Bronco Sport Convert Flat 4pin to Round 7Pin? ac518c977a21e4d3b953fe726c2fa4aa

Your other option is to convert the connector on the car to a 7-pin, but that seems like it would be far more involved, and not very practical since you won't likely be towing any trailers with brakes anyway.

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The other option is to build / buy an adapter cable not just a plug. This way the only weight at the Bronco end is just the normal 4 pin plug. At the other end of the cable will be a 7 pin.
Sponsored