Continental Terraincontact AT Tires?

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm planning on getting the Fifteen52 Monoblock Traverse MX (17” x 8”) wheels and need tires to go with them.

Has anyone had the Continental Terraincontact AT? I keep seeing really good reviews but I was hoping to hear from someone first hand. They seem really practical for mostly city driving and a few mild excursions.

I was originally looking at the BFG KO2, and they look amazing, but I read that they're pretty heavy and have a noticeable impact on acceleration and mpg.

I've also seen the Toyo Open Country AT III, which seems like a good middle man of the two. I'd love to hear feed back on those as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 for me because I've already got this one on my 2004 AWD Escape and they give me all I want.
Quiet,
Great handling,
Traction in all the conditions I encounter in my mountains,
No mpg penalty over the previous all season tires,
Very affordable @ $140 each out the door locally.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm planning on getting the Fifteen52 Monoblock Traverse MX (17” x 8”) wheels and need tires to go with them.

Has anyone had the Continental Terraincontact AT? I keep seeing really good reviews but I was hoping to hear from someone first hand. They seem really practical for mostly city driving and a few mild excursions.

I was originally looking at the BFG KO2, and they look amazing, but I read that they're pretty heavy and have a noticeable impact on acceleration and mpg.

I've also seen the Toyo Open Country AT III, which seems like a good middle man of the two. I'd love to hear feed back on those as well.
I have been back and forth on tires for months. I think i have it narrowed down but am always asking if its more than I need. Also noise is a big issue.
My picks:
-Toyo Open Country AT III
-Falken wildpeak A/T3
-Nitto Terra Grappler G2

I'm leaning towards Nitto because of even tread wear and lower noise. But maybe all I need is AT2 level tires.
The BFG's definitely humm. The BS is pretty light compared to what all these tires are designed for so its tough to use the general ratings.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Grand Cherokee Overland
I know this is a few weeks after the original post but I have them on my Grand Cherokee Overland. They are great for my needs. They never failed me on sandy/muddy trails or in the snow and they are not noisy on the road. The only thing that I don't like is at highway speeds above 70 they feel unbalanced. May need a high speed balance done or just could be the tires being 255/70/18 and aren't meant to go that fast. After about 10,000 miles they do squeal a little bit when turning onto roads from a stop. I'm not getting them for my Badlands when it's finally built but I'm not mad I bought them for the Jeep. They served me well.
Ford Bronco Sport Continental Terraincontact AT Tires? Overland
Sponsored