Consumer Reports pans the Sport in the latest issue.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ford forgot to PAY cs the proper kick back to get a good rating, that's all.
So they passed the review to some arm chair person that's prolly never been off road in anything.
Sponsored

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I used to be a CR guy until I bought a highly recommended car, it was one of the most reliable cars I’ve had and got you from point a to point b, but that’s it. It was the most boring car I’ve owned, I hated it as it had no power.

Only one number matters to me, customer satisfaction of people who are looking similar functionality. CR rates all cars roughly the same, based on reliability and how they drive on the road. Jeep wranglers are rated the worst vehicle in existence, yet they have a good owner satisfaction rating. There is a disconnect, and for this reason I don’t trust any of their ratings.

Studly

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport GT350
Here's what I found out from actual road testing. It's not thorough, but I don't charge for publication:

Drives on paved roads- âś…
Drives on gravel- âś…
Drives in sand- âś…
Hauls my family- âś…
Hauls my stuff- âś…
Safety Features- âś…
Styling makes crowds of people turn around and point at it- âś…

Summary- does the stuff you'd expect a car in this category to do in a capable way. Probably has or will develop issues similar to any comparable car. A real review won't come from a collection of Facebook posts about catching rocks with the windshield or noisy tires. If you wanted a silent ride, you shopped the wrong class of car, not the wrong model. Mine has A/T tires and the ride is considerably quieter than I expected it to be. So quiet, I can hear the turbo and transmission operating. If you need to load 5 people, this is the wrong class of vehicle. But I bet 4 adults could carpool with it. If MPG is the deal, you're still in the wrong class and should be shopping E or mopeds.
For me, fun to drive, looks cool, fun to use. Had dinner on the tailgate table last night, opened beers on the bottle opener and marveled at the flood lights that we didn't need but will use! Really happy with our Big Bend. Wouldn't buy any other on the list from CR, and didn't look at them. Converted from Subaru and we have a big Bronco on order also...

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Studly which big bronco do you have on order? 2/4? Model? I have a 2 door reserved, sitting at 99, haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Studly

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport GT350
@Studly which big bronco do you have on order? 2/4? Model? I have a 2 door reserved, sitting at 99, haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Outer banks 4 door cyber orange soft top.
Sponsored