Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
So since I bought this I’ve gotten an intermittent rattle in the front of the moonroof to the a pillars.
It used to happen when was below 30 degrees and now does it pretty much all the time but worse when under 60 degrees. Basically every morning, evening. I’m not sure if it’s the headliner, roof, or both at this point since it’s all above me. I have 2k miles and is driving me nuts that it constantly rattles. I have no leaks from the roof, just noise. The roof will rattle when tilted to vent. Fully open can’t tell because of wind noise.
I know is under warranty, but dealer blamed the passenger seatbelt and couldn’t hear it from the roof. Even though I have videos of it. I’ve posted some on here, but seeing if anyone else has had this happen and what the fix was.
The local dealers have shit techs. Had a hitch put on and they scratched whole rear bumper assembly, parking sensors didn’t work (they didn’t say anything backed it into the space so I wouldn’t know, and hour later when I had to backup at home got a bunch of errors) scratched up my rear quarters, messed up clips on fender flares so they don’t sit flush. They’re acting like they’re doing me a favor to fix their fuck up. Waiting on whole rear assembly now. The hitch is an easy install and they fucked up every part of it. So don’t want them even doing an oil change if they can’t do simple hard parts install. So don’t want them to pull the interior just to fuck that up.
Or know of any good Ford shops in the northeast. Albany, mass area. Already driving an hour for half assed shop and the one in town right down the road is grimey. Ford corporate is no help. Kinda got sorry about your luck, bring it back to the dealer. Again dealer is no help.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Lincoln dealers can do warranty work on Fords. So maybe you can find one in your area.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
A YouTuber BS owner traced a rattle above the headliner in his car to a loose wiring bundle above the cargo area.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
A YouTuber BS owner traced a rattle above the headliner in his car to a loose wiring bundle above the cargo area.
Yeah, sound travels in weird ways in vehicles. Mine has a rattle that sounds like it is from the driver side sun visor or A pillar.
It's actually the driver door panel. If I grab the map pocket and pull on it the sound stops. Or if I wedge a rag in the pocket area below the speaker.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I hate rattles, especially because Ford and their dealerships literally don’t care.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Some have said the noise is there when the sunroof shade is open.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
  • Banned
I get it regardless. Is constant creaking/rattle sound as soon as you start driving down the road. And way worse when cool out

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I get it regardless. Is constant creaking/rattle sound as soon as you start driving down the road. And way worse when cool out
Yeah, unfortunately, you're driving a Ford and there is probably no solution. You'd be inviting a Ford technician to rip apart sections of the interior in an effort to locate. Who's to say they will put everything back exactly the same? If it's minor enough I'd leave it be, or try looking into it myself where I'd know I would put things back as good as, or better than before.

Even upscale brands like MB, BMW and Audi, although less frequently, have creaks and rattles as well.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Get a friend you trust to drive it while you crawl around and localize the noise. Push up gently on the headliner to determine if it’s something above it. Once you positively ID where the noise is coming from you’ll have a better idea of how to proceed.

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thinking this is same issue for my BS! Been chasing rattle for 2 months... Do you have the link? Have searched YouTube but no luck so far. Thx

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For those chasing roof rattles... Rattle on my BS roof is similar to the YouTube video but tapping on the headliner does not reveal it. Mine probably much more intermittent than his BS (wiring not as loose, sounds like his BS had the wiring pop out of whatever bracket was holding it in place) - BUT - thinking it is a similar issue of the wiring perhaps being loose or poorly attached and when the BS hits a certain frequency/vibration - will rattle at just that moment!

If Ford Motor Co folks are reading this... A penny-worth of foam wrapped around the wiring that runs through the headliner could go a long way towards making a $38k BS feel a little more like a $38k SUV :like:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My '16 F150 developed rattles creaking sounds coming from double panel moon roof. I cleaned around moon roof opening and sliding glass seal and put dielectric great around opening and glass seal. Been quiet for years now. I did order the synthetic grease to apply if noise ever comes back.

OP
OP
RiotfunK

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Mine is in front headlines from moonroof to both a pillars. Ford knows it’s there. But has no idea how to fix it. Going to another dealer next week. Funny how it’s so loud I can record it while driving but techs can’t hear it
Sponsored