First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
Any of you guys ever considered trading your BS for a Maverick? I configured a XLT Maverick with the Off-road package, copilot, XLT Lux package, and it was alot cheaper (31k MSRP) than my BS Outer Banks. This configuration seemed to have more off-road capability and be more similar to the BS Badlands. Basically it's like a BS Badlands truck. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
I've been considering it as well. The Maverick would fit my needs better, and I could get a fully loaded Lariat hybrid for the same sticker price as my BS Big Bend. My only concern would be potentially losing my 0% financing from Ford.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep, but not until the '23 or '24 Maverick model year.

If I'm going through the rigamarole of testing and buying a new vehicle, I want market conditions to be in my favor. Driving across two states to get a CSUV like the Sport was a one-time concession :wink:

The '22 Maverick also has that ugly 'cubby' as a result of the smaller touch screen. I'm hoping that supply chain issues will be resolved in a few years so options and interiors aren't as constrained or influenced by parts availability.

Since the BB and OB Sports have the 3-cylinder, I'd go for the hybrid Maverick for the improved fuel economy in the city. I don't feel like I'd be 'trading down' like I would if I were going from 2.0L turbo Badlands to Maverick hybrid.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Just depends on your needs. If you need a bed and don't mind paying a little more at the pump it doesn't seem like a bad deal for a decent looking small pickup. Might have a bit of wait with all the manufacturing shortages though.
Not sure how you are paying more at the pump considering the maverick is best gotten as a hybrid.
I haven't seen the ecoboost gas mileage numbers but I doubt they are that much different than the BS 2.0..

Last edited:

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Any of you guys ever considered trading your BS for a Maverick? I configured a XLT Maverick with the Off-road package, copilot, XLT Lux package, and it was alot cheaper (31k MSRP) than my BS Outer Banks. This configuration seemed to have more off-road capability and be more similar to the BS Badlands. Basically it's like a BS Badlands truck. What do you guys think?
So please tell me where you see an off-road package? I looked on the configurator and I cant find one.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
So please tell me where you see an off-road package? I looked on the configurator and I cant find one.
FX4 Off-Road Package. Only available on XLT and Lariat by selecting the 2.0L Ecoboost and AWD.

Ford Bronco Sport Considering Trading in my BS for the Maverick Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 11.44.17

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
To each their own. For my needs the sport is ideal. I have the badlands, 2.0/off-road. I have a family of four and no need for a tiny pickup. I felt the ranger was much tighter than the sport in the driver area. Everyone has their own needs. I'm not bashing it. Just adding my perspective. Some may agree and some may see the opposite. That's what discussion and argument is good for. Perspectives.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not sure how you are paying more at the pump considering the maverick is best gotten as a hybrid.
I haven't seen the ecoboost gas mileage numbers but I doubt they are that much different than the BS 2.0..
Oh that's right Hybrid standard. I just assumed it was the 2.0 when they said Badlands.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
To each their own. For my needs the sport is ideal. I have the badlands, 2.0/off-road. I have a family of four and no need for a tiny pickup. I felt the ranger was much tighter than the sport in the driver area. Everyone has their own needs. I'm not bashing it. Just adding my perspective. Some may agree and some may see the opposite. That's what discussion and argument is good for. Perspectives.
Yes very pleased with the badlands trim. Fits perfectly.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
It actually sits in between the Badlands and the lower trim Sports. It's missing out on the rear locker. Otherwise it's pretty close.

Looks like it'll make it pretty decent light off roader. To bad they didn't include an option for a low range and rear locker.

FYI, You can't get the hybrid with the off-road package.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Yeah the configurator is not set up right. You can't see it until you select the 2.0 engine.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
The 2.5L/Hybrid package is more refined and proven than the 1.5 Turbo 3-cylinder wet timing belt powerplant, albeit it is only a FWD option. If you're one to drive the wheels off of it, odds are you'll have a less expensive path to 300K.
The early Escape Hybrids racked up 300K-500K in NYC, reportedly with minimal repair costs. The 1.5L's wet timing belt's lifespan is 150K per Ford. The Europeans who have dealt with them previously think this is very optimistic.
So yes, I feel the tug towards the Maverick due to what I consider a less risky and more efficent powerplant than the 1.5L in the Outer Banks that Ford is supposed to be building me.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
No AWD with hybrid. As I understand it the Maverick hybrid is the first application of Ford's new in house built electric motor. While it's not hugely different from the old motor it required a new transmission housing and they don't have the AWD version ready yet. The Escape added AWD hybrid models last year so Ford knows there is a demand. There isn't any big reason that the Mav won't add the option in the future as Ford integrates the new motor across model lines.

No help for those who need it NOW but it's coming, don't look for it on the XL base trim.
Ford is going electric so I see no reason not to expect a hybrid BS as well, just a matter of time.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
They need to put the twin clutch rear diff in the FX4 package

Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost conv 50 Year App Package
I like the Maverick and may even get one but it isn't in the same league with the Bronco Sport. If you want a little more versatility then get the Maverick but if you want excellent off road capability then Bronco Sport is the way to go. If you look at it objectively the FX4 package on the Maverick is a lot of window dressing all be it very good looking window dressing.
Sponsored