wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone else experiencing condensation in their center brake light after washing or rain? I'll bring up to dealer when it's in for an oil change or something, but curious if others are seeing this as well. Image attached is after a quick low pressure hose hand wash in the driveway.

Ford Bronco Sport Condensation in center brake light? IMG_5965r
Sponsored

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
havent really noticed, i will check after a carwash
ive seen this on other car's headlights though which is no fun :(

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I don’t remeber the page number but there is a section in the Manual that talks about this and it mentions the threshold where you should be concerned, I don’t remember what that is so I would check it.

OP
OP
wilbur_xmas

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don’t remeber the page number but there is a section in the Manual that talks about this and it mentions the threshold where you should be concerned, I don’t remember what that is so I would check it.
Thanks for the heads up, I found it in the manual:

Condensation in the Exterior Front Lamps and Rear Lamps​

Exterior front lamps and rear lamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure.​
Condensation can be a natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears and exits through the vents during normal operation.​
Clearing time may take as long as 48 hours under dry weather conditions.​
Examples of acceptable condensation are:​
  • The presence of a fine mist (no streaks, drip marks or large droplets).
    • A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.
Examples of unacceptable condensation are:​
  • A water puddle inside the lamp.
    • Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens.
If you see any unacceptable condensation, have your vehicle checked by an authorized dealer.​

I think what I am seeing qualifies as large droplets and not a fine mist, but I will follow up with the dealer.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Condensation is normal (kinda expected in the right conditions), but it should dissipate after a period of time as indicated in the manual. If you are driving around and it continues to stay that could be a sign of the venting not working as designed.

A friend of mine’s Mazda 3 has a front headlight lens where it doesn’t dissipate/disappear. His dealer says it’s normal but that one you can tell it isn’t (and the other headlight lens is fine).

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
One of my Raptor headlights developed a "puddle" when a year old. it didn't dissipate after a month so I took it off , removed all lights and rinsed it out with 99% isopropyl alcohol to absorb the water.

Sloshed it around and dumped it out. Let it sit in the sun for a period to evaporate and reinstalled. It has never happened again to my confusion, lol.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Just noticed last night after washing it. Haven't checked it today but I will once I'm outta here. Seemed to be pretty mild so hopefully not something that will get worse.
Sponsored