Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I really wish the rear hatch logo was just 3M taped on like everything else. Why oh why did Ford make the blue oval the one and only piece of trim that is pinned and recessed!? This makes removal or modification a huge challenge. I can't even get the badge itself back to a "flat" level top surface because the thing is actually in three snapped together pieces. Otherwise I could probably add letters to a flat version.

What we have:
Ford Bronco Sport Concept for 3D print? Ford_logo

What I want:
Ford Bronco Sport Concept for 3D print? Ford_logo_Broncoed.JPG

If only one of those accessory sellers would fab these up! I've found 9" oval "blanks" for sale, but not a 5" like we have. The Bronco script would be a snap to 3D print or possibly find in the right size. I just need the 5" blank oval, it anyone has seen such a thing for sale, reply with a link!
Sponsored

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I really wish the rear hatch logo was just 3M taped on like everything else. Why oh why did Ford make the blue oval the one and only piece of trim that is pinned and recessed!? This makes removal or modification a huge challenge. I can't even get the badge itself back to a "flat" level top surface because the thing is actually in three snapped together pieces. Otherwise I could probably add letters to a flat version.

What we have:
Ford Bronco Sport Concept for 3D print? Ford_logo

What I want:
Ford Bronco Sport Concept for 3D print? Ford_logo_Broncoed.JPG

If only one of those accessory sellers would fab these up! I've found 9" oval "blanks" for sale, but not a 5" like we have. The Bronco script would be a snap to 3D print or possibly find in the right size. I just need the 5" blank oval, it anyone has seen such a thing for sale, reply with a link!
Good idea, I might have to print that.

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Interesting! Where did you get the oval STL from? But I take it that won't have the pins for mounting. Once the old badge comes off, how does the printed one plug on?

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Interesting! Where did you get the oval STL from? But I take it that won't have the pins for mounting. Once the old badge comes off, how does the printed one plug on?
Took that pic, saved it to a single color. opened it in Cura as a .jpg, added depth to that one color.
My thought for the complete emblem is to print what you see in the picture, make sure its correct size, fill it with clear blue resin.
I'm thinking on making it a little bigger than original so it can go over it. I like option of going back to stock.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Give you a little update:
The picture is not proportional to the real tag. After scaling and so on, it will not look good on an FDM 3D printer.
I will revisit this in a month or so when it's a little warmer in the garage for the resin printer.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Made STL file for you guys to try

Attachments

OP
OP
Glamdring70

Glamdring70