SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
Not necessarily. This one has a lift, but stock wheels.
Yes, but from my understanding the lift has nothing to do with the rubbing from what I read from another thread.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Yes, but from my understanding the lift has nothing to do with the rubbing from what I read from another thread.
From what I have learned from Eric as soon as you step out side of 235/70/17 dimensions with stock rims that is the problem zone . I have changed nothing to my suspension and have stayed with in the specs that ford has stated and Eric has agreed with that you can fit 30 inch and no more , I went with Goodyear wrangler at 30 inch exactly with not a issue , now I must say that I am no rock climber but that was never my goal. I do know that myself and a few others on this forum have kept to the same formula with out issues, I have 1/2 inch clearance front and back of the front tires , is it close hell yes , one thing that I have learned from Eric’s detailed build is that one thing is constant and that is the front to back dimensions they remain constant, if you are having rub problems look at the exact dimensions and diameter of the tires example good year 30. (Not 30. Something. ). My spin .
Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 6925526C-9843-463A-97DF-C10FF21FF552

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 2381D3A1-9D2B-4DEA-8C15-03446DABC5CD

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 10047C31-CC4C-4DF1-87B1-CD089289B81B

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands AC8B3E4E-B02F-45BF-ADB8-612AC8041347

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 896B3BFA-9710-4455-9BDC-C028C02B2113

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
You lose half your power turning that large of a tire. 235s should be max with a small motor. Just for looks.
For sure, the tires are heavier. But no perceptible performance impact on the car. I would not do this with the 3 cylinder engine.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
For sure, the tires are heavier. But no perceptible performance impact on the car. I would not do this with the 3 cylinder engine.
With those tires you will now have the power of a 3 cyl. Enjoy

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With those tires you will now have the power of a 3 cyl. Enjoy
I’m telling you it simply is not true. You’re clearly talking about something you have not experienced. I have two Badlands. The one with this lift and heavier tires runs as effortlessly as the stock Badlands.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m telling you it simply is not true. You’re clearly talking about something you have not experienced. I have two Badlands. The one with this lift and heavier tires runs as effortlessly as the stock Badlands.
Lol ok.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a strange person you are. You have an assumption not based on experience or actually knowing. I actually know what I’m talking about. Yeah - lol ok.
Son I have owned just about every car on the planet. If you can’t figure out that putting much heavier tires on a little 250 hp car is not going to affect your 0 to 60 times you better go back to school. looks good anyway. Have a good one

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Son I have owned just about every car on the planet. If you can’t figure out that putting much heavier tires on a little 250 hp car is not going to affect your 0 to 60 times you better go back to school. looks good anyway. Have a good one
the stock Pirelli 225/65/17 tires that came on the Badlands weigh 31 pounds. These larger BFG tires weigh 49 pounds. I think you greatly misunderstand the impact of adding 72 pounds of weight to the car. It will take a stop watch to measure the fractions of a second impact it has because I am telling you it is imperceptible from a driving experience. It does not feel slower. It sure as heck is still closer to a stock Badlands acceleration than it is a Big Bend. I’ll acknowledge it’s probably slower. My point is not that there is no impact, but just that the impact is far less than you think it is.

not doing 0-60 race times in any case, but I can assure you these tires do not do the functional equivalent of erasing 70 HP from the 2.0 engine, making it the equivalent of the 1.5L engine. And I think you actually know this to be true.

Last edited:

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the stock Pirelli 225/65/17 tires that came on the Badlands weigh 31 pounds. These larger BFG tires weigh 49 pounds. I think you greatly misunderstand the impact of adding 72 pounds of weight to the car. It will take a stop watch to measure the fractions of a second impact it has because I am telling you it is imperceptible from a driving experience. It does not feel slower.
No biggie enjoy

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No biggie enjoy
Finally, we are in agreement. Correct - the weight difference is truly no biggie. It’s kind of like having a 4th grader ride in the backseat of the Bronco Sport. Having such a passenger is not going to noticeably impact the vehicle’s performance.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Examples of real-world testing exist on the interwebs. At this link, a Honda NSX owner performed acceleration testing on heavier vs lighter wheel/tire combos.

Here's a video where the producers test acceleration for a minivan:

The bottom line is you may or may not notice the difference in acceleration going to heavier tires. It depends heavily on your driving style and how finely tuned your butt dyno is.

The more important impact of heavier tires for me is handling, ride quality, and suspension component life. On butter-smooth roads you will likely notice no difference. On bumpy, pothole-filled roads, a heavier tire will not handle as well, will not ride as smoothly, and will place greater demand on other suspension components. A heavier wheel/tire will move up and down farther than a lighter equivalent, and more movement equals more vibration transmitted to the cabin. In addition, more movement equals more wear and tear on other suspension components.

How much additional wear? Who knows? These cars haven't been around long enough for owners to provide long-term reports on modified vehicles. I suspect, however, if you're putting heavier tires on your car you are willing to accept the downsides to meet whatever requirement prompted the change in the first place.

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
From what I have learned from Eric as soon as you step out side of 235/70/17 dimensions with stock rims that is the problem zone . I have changed nothing to my suspension and have stayed with in the specs that ford has stated and Eric has agreed with that you can fit 30 inch and no more , I went with Goodyear wrangler at 30 inch exactly with not a issue , now I must say that I am no rock climber but that was never my goal. I do know that myself and a few others on this forum have kept to the same formula with out issues, I have 1/2 inch clearance front and back of the front tires , is it close hell yes , one thing that I have learned from Eric’s detailed build is that one thing is constant and that is the front to back dimensions they remain constant, if you are having rub problems look at the exact dimensions and diameter of the tires example good year 30. (Not 30. Something. ). My spin .
Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 6925526C-9843-463A-97DF-C10FF21FF552

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 2381D3A1-9D2B-4DEA-8C15-03446DABC5CD

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 10047C31-CC4C-4DF1-87B1-CD089289B81B

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands AC8B3E4E-B02F-45BF-ADB8-612AC8041347

Ford Bronco Sport Comparison pics of OEM and Modified Badlands 896B3BFA-9710-4455-9BDC-C028C02B2113
Comp
Sponsored

Last edited: