Cold air intake for 2.0L

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
OK, but that's quite a bit about K&N when I wasn't talking about those. As stated I have a CAI on my Ranger so someone that doesn't like them telling me I will get no where in life because I say it makes a difference doesn't really bother me. But I'm 100% disabled vet with two degrees that is retired now so guess I won't fear not getting anywhere in life.
Fair enough. I've stricken the K&N part out. The rest stands. Nowhere did I say a person wouldn't get anywhere in life. Thanks for your resume, though.
Sponsored

EricCif

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Fair enough. I've stricken the K&N part out. The rest stands. Nowhere did I say a person wouldn't get anywhere in life. Thanks for your resume, though.
"well, you're going to have a difficult time in this life." Um, ok

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
"well, you're going to have a difficult time in this life." Um, ok
Note that the quote is entirely different from what you alleged in your post above? Having a difficult time in life means that as you progress, you're taking a path that's more difficult. You can get where you're going, but it will take more effort. Radically different than a person who will not or can not get anywhere. I guess one of your two degrees didn't involve reading comprehension.

A person who falls for the nonsense of CAI hp gains will have a more difficult time in this life. Falling for that kind of nonsense means that a person probably will fall for other scams and puffed up claims. The road he walks will be more difficult because he lacks the discernment and knowledge to avoid such things.

I hope this helps you better understand the difference between having a difficult time in life versus not having the ability to get anywhere in life.

Cheers.

EricCif

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Note that the quote is entirely different from what you alleged in your post above? Having a difficult time in life means that as you progress, you're taking a path that's more difficult. You can get where you're going, but it will take more effort. Radically different than a person who will not or can not get anywhere. I guess one of your two degrees didn't involve reading comprehension.

A person who falls for the nonsense of CAI hp gains will have a more difficult time in this life. Falling for that kind of nonsense means that a person probably will fall for other scams and puffed up claims. The road he walks will be more difficult because he lacks the discernment and knowledge to avoid such things.

I hope this helps you better understand the difference between having a difficult time in life versus not having the ability to get anywhere in life.

Cheers.
Gotcha, so superchargers, blowers, ect that take in more air don't do anything? Roush racing is a garbage company because they make and sell many CAI's and according to you it's a scam product that does nothing? Wow, you may want to to get in touch with every racecar, BaJa, ect driver and let them know they don't know what you do. As for " I guess one of your two degrees didn't involve reading comprehension." Well no, but one is in applied Science with two years of phyics. If you look into degrees you may find that reading tends to be a requirement. Lastly I wasn't giving you my resume, just trying to help you so it doesn't look sad you'd insult someone you know nothing about. For future reference a resume lists your places you attended school and previous employers which I did not.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Because they have such great effect on power output, automakers--especially those like Ford that have made a reputation for producing powerful engines--put a great deal of engineering effort into designing their intake systems. If you are adding a CAI to a normally aspirated engine that doesn't already have a well-designed intake system you might get a modest performance gain, assuming the software controlling the engine can take advantage of more air.

The intake systems on Ford EcoBoost engines route air from the front of the engine bay, so it's as cold as it's going to get. Further, power output for a turbocharged engine is primarily a function of boost pressure, which is controlled by the PCM. I'm doubtful the very slight gain you might achieve with different filtration media will have any affect on boost pressure downstream of the compressor.

I'm not ruling it out completely, but I'd have to see a back-to-back comparison before I'd believe a CAI can better Ford's OEM intake system. I'd want to see dynamometer testing before and after CAI installation on the same engine under the same atmospheric conditions conducted by an independent tester, not the CAI manufacturer. Preferably on multiple cars.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I think there are 2 things that can be improved on most OEM intake systems. First is restriction. Anything you can do to lower the restriction in that intake path (anywhere from the front of the grille to the back of the intake valves) is a good thing. Second is temperature. Keeping the air as cool as possible until it reaches the cylinder. This usually comes down to insulating the piping and improving the intercooler.
Sponsored