BS/Badlands

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I have a USB stick plugged in with 10 minutes of recording I made in my Magnaflow equipped 5.0 F-150.

Agree with above post. Forscan person would likely know.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
I have a BB with the 3 cyl so don't think I have the FENG... but I did see this in an article in motortrend about the badlands/fe with B&O:

"You need not be playing the stereo for the system to work and audio volume settings have no effect. In fact, to shut it off, you'd have to pull a fuse to defeat the faux V-8 noises. "

Are the fuses labelled anywhere that might say "Fake V8" :) or something similar?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Lol does this sound play through the speakers? Had no idea the BL had a fake macho man engine noise. 😅

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Lol does this sound play through the speakers? Had no idea the BL had a fake macho man engine noise. 😅
I don't have this sound, so maybe it is limited to the B&O system (which I don't have), or was a 2021 thing that disappeared with the engine covers.

DLakeBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I can confirm its still around, my built in early March BSBL with B&O has it is sport mode.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Can it give me the sound of a warp speed engine?:)! Wow, I did not know BL is equipped with this. I know it is done regularly on many cars recently. Now the EV has all kinds of fake noise inside and out. I too would like to remove it once I get my car.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ford refers to this feature as ESE, or Engine Sound Enhancement. It was the subject of much speculation, weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth in the Mustang EcoBoost community. Some sought a hardware solution while others looked to Forscan. I chose the software route and got a copy of Forscan. I found that the ESE was tied in with the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) system such that it was not possible to disable one without disabling both. Some were able to disable ESE by pulling various fuses and/or disconnecting microphones (used by the ANC system), but these measures ALSO disabled the ANC system.

I don't know of the Bronco Sport uses ANC, but given how quiet the ride is I would be surprised if it didn't. For those intrepid few who simply can't live with the ESE I would say do some further research about ANC before you go too far. For me, disabling the ESE was not worth the increase in road noise accompanied with ALSO disabling ANC.

Information about disabling ESE (and other Forscan hacks) may be found on the Raptor forum here.

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford refers to this feature as ESE, or Engine Sound Enhancement. It was the subject of much speculation, weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth in the Mustang EcoBoost community. Some sought a hardware solution while others looked to Forscan. I chose the software route and got a copy of Forscan. I found that the ESE was tied in with the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) system such that it was not possible to disable one without disabling both. Some were able to disable ESE by pulling various fuses and/or disconnecting microphones (used by the ANC system), but these measures ALSO disabled the ANC system.

I don't know of the Bronco Sport uses ANC, but given how quiet the ride is I would be surprised if it didn't. For those intrepid few who simply can't live with the ESE I would say do some further research about ANC before you go too far. For me, disabling the ESE was not worth the increase in road noise accompanied with ALSO disabling ANC.

Information about disabling ESE (and other Forscan hacks) may be found on the Raptor forum here.
Yeah... I wondered about this too. I used to own a Nissan 370Z NISMO edition with a Bose stereo that did the piped in fake engine noise along with active noise cancelling. Interestingly, people had luck disabling the noise on it by cutting a wire going to the Bose stereo power amp that handled "engine speed signal". (If the stereo didn't think the car was moving, it didn't try to generate the fake engine sound.)

There were also software changes that could be done with programming tools from the dealer to enable/disable the active noise cancellation independently of the fake engine noise generator. But reports I heard said that the noise cancellation seemed to do nothing either way, if you had the engine sounds disabled. So possible one needs the other to really function correctly?
Sponsored