Cobb Tuning - 2023 Ford Bronco Sport

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Will be coming up on a year of ownership in a few months, and have hit 11K on the odometer. I finally feel safe enough to start planning my Cobb tune upgrade. However, when I reached out to Cobb, I was disappointed to find out they HAVE NOT released the tune for the 2023 models and up. They said "its in the works for this year" though. I wonder what could be so different about the PCM between 2022 and 2023 that could possibly provide such a delay ... if anything?? Maybe they just don't have enough demand on this tune to provide any further work? But again ... ther still has to be something DIFFERENT that would not allow them to greenlight the same tune for 2022, again for 2023.

He did note that they have been 'real busy with other priorities'. But still. I found it interesting. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait a bit.
Sponsored

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have no proof, but it is possible that modifications have been made between the two year models to optimize the computer, so the majority of the code for the tune could work but for a company like Cobb, they are likely going through all the steps again, just to make sure issues can't come up

OP
OP
gatornek

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I have no proof, but it is possible that modifications have been made between the two year models to optimize the computer, so the majority of the code for the tune could work but for a company like Cobb, they are likely going through all the steps again, just to make sure issues can't come up
Is this something that you heard, read, saw on Youtube by an influencer? Anything? Or just a fly by night hunch?

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is this something that you heard, read, saw on Youtube by an influencer? Anything? Or just a fly by night hunch?
Mostly a hunch, but Cobb, has a good reputation, one only possible by being thorough, and re-writing the code and tune completely MAY be part of their process of being thorough, especially if it is "in the works for this year" as they told you, automakers do like to make little changes between year models, often obvious changes, but sometimes not so obvious, this much I do know for a fact, I work with an auto parts supplier, and often one of the hardest parts of my job is figuring out which version of a part a customer may need, I can only assume it is the same with coding of the vehicle computer
Sponsored