Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Hey everyone! I'm sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it in a quick search. I'm just making sure I understand the differences. My understanding is the BS comes with co-pilot 360 which includes the adaptive cruise control and lane monitoring, where as the 360+ adds to that with the speed limit sign detection as well as the lane centering and evasive maneuvering if necessary. We went with the regular 360 since as we really wanted was the adaptive cruise control, I'm just making sure I didn't goof in that decision.
Sponsored

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
See and that's why I'm confused since I thought it added the stop and go to the ACC.
You need the ACC to get the stop and go. It adds the radar sensor to the front of the vehicle. All the other 360 features that are standard rely on just the camera in the windshield. Also included is the traffic sign recognition, evasive steering and the navigation.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ford keeps renaming the package over and over and it is confusing as heck.

Ford 360 is (currently) 5 technologies:
Pedestrian Detection, BSIS Blind Spot warning, Lane Keeping system, Automatic Highbeams (YUK!), Reverse Camera.

The 360+ package depends on the exact model and adds more safety tech depending on the model and trim level of the vehicle. For example, Adaptive Cruise Control comes in 4 different types. Other tech would include Parking Assist, Reverse Braking, Trailer Assist, Hill Decent, Rain Sense Wipers, Cross Traffic, et al.

For Bronco Sport you get Advanced Cruise with Stop and Go. It's not the top-top level of Ford Cruise, but it's up there. You need 360+ to get it.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Out of curiosity, why do you not like the auto high beams? I find that they work exceptionally well.
How well do they work when coming up behind another vehicle?

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
Granted we've only had ours for less than a month, but they have not operated outside of how I would use brights independently of the tech. Will be interesting to see how it performs on our forthcoming ≈2500 mile round trip to CO and back.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Out of curiosity, why do you not like the auto high beams? I find that they work exceptionally well.
Well, lots of reasons actually.

First, they dim themselves if they accidentally light up a reflective sign or a hillside... something that makes them go up, down, up, down, up in just a second or two.

They're terrible at detecting cars I am following and especially if it is a bit windy of a road, even if it sees the car the lights just go up, down, up, down.

They are terrible at seeing cross traffic that I see. Either cars at a stop or merging out of lots. I wouldn't want some idiot driving at me with highbeams, and with the auto lights, I get to be the idiot.

There's too many people. There's just cars... everywhere, all the time. So the lights are bouncing up and down all the time. It feels ridiculous, it probably looks ridiculous, and I can only imagine that it's burning up some relay or power supply to operate like that. With $1500 headlamps, I don't need that stuff wearing out, warranty or not.

I find the LED lights in general are terrible. Terrible. Not just Bronco, any LED is terrible at illumination. The light is highly focused and directional. The oncoming light is piercing and blinding. The spread on the side of the road is barely any. Even streetlights are hot garbage. They light a 2' circle right under the pole and the surrounding areas are basically lightless. Usually if I am driving someplace that warrants highbeams, that means elk/deer or skunk/racoon/possum stuff is lurking on the sides of the road. The LED light that up for shit, but the combination low/driving is better than the highbeams. The auto highbeams turn off the driving lamps when in use so more than not, I don't want them anyhow.

Signature lighting does look cool though.

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000

First, they dim themselves if they accidentally light up a reflective sign or a hillside... something that makes them go up, down, up, down, up in just a second or two.

They're terrible at detecting cars I am following and especially if it is a bit windy of a road, even if it sees the car the lights just go up, down, up, down.

They are terrible at seeing cross traffic that I see. Either cars at a stop or merging out of lots. I wouldn't want some idiot driving at me with highbeams, and with the auto lights, I get to be the idiot.

There's too many people. There's just cars... everywhere, all the time. So the lights are bouncing up and down all the time. It feels ridiculous, it probably looks ridiculous, and I can only imagine that it's burning up some relay or power supply to operate like that. With $1500 headlamps, I don't need that stuff wearing out, warranty or not.

I find the LED lights in general are terrible. Terrible. Not just Bronco, any LED is terrible at illumination. The light is highly focused and directional. The oncoming light is piercing and blinding. The spread on the side of the road is barely any. Even streetlights are hot garbage. They light a 2' circle right under the pole and the surrounding areas are basically lightless. Usually if I am driving someplace that warrants highbeams, that means elk/deer or skunk/racoon/possum stuff is lurking on the sides of the road. The LED light that up for shit, but the combination low/driving is better than the highbeams. The auto highbeams turn off the driving lamps when in use so more than not, I don't want them anyhow.

Interesting feedback. We live in a semi-rural area and have only driven the OB locally at night thus far. I realize it can be different in an urban/suburban setting with more traffic and scattered light.

Overall I find the LEDs to be fantastic at casting bright, white light, and I say that having had numerous other cars with HIDs that also had great lighting (Mercedes E500, Honda S2000). My eyes are still good, but my wife's are not, and she's made out-of-the blue compliments about how much better she can see at night in the OB.

I've also previously had cars with European "E-code" headlamps, which have a far sharper cutoff which I greatly prefer over the blob-like cast of USDM lamps.

I commute via bicycle 90% of the time, and in the dark for at least half the morning and all of the evening rides this time of year. The LEDs, on my bike, even on low settings, are plenty bright to illuminate the roadway and any hazards, but I can see this also being a personal preference thing, so to each their own.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Two shots I just took in a closed garage. Conventional flashlight (left) vs. a reportedly higher lumen LED flashlight. People seem to like the whiter (bluer) light of LEDs but it is too pure and directional. I get the same effect with the headlamps. You can see fine in the LED blob, but everything else is worse. Our local municipalities did the same to streetlights and the streets have the same effect. Especially since cities started putting in dimmer LED assemblies than when they initially started converting out the sodium lights. They ice up too. I'm all for saving energy, but we should have just gone full dark sky protocol instead.

Ford Bronco Sport co-pilot 360 vs 360+ IMG_20211130_164059467
Ford Bronco Sport co-pilot 360 vs 360+ IMG_20211130_164028780

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
See and that's why I'm confused since I thought it added the stop and go to the ACC.
you aren’t/weren’t the only one. The mobile website is also very poorly laid out and isn’t super clear. I too thought the ADaptive Cruise Control was included in the regular pilot360 and didn’t realize it wasn’t until after I had a VIN and production date.

Luckily I didn’t make the same mistake with the cargo shelf and got that added on before it was too late and cost me significantly more after the fact. Unfortunately the copilot assist + cannot be added on later.

Last edited:

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
They shut off, from what I've seen if there is a light source directly ahead inside one eighth of a mile to one half a mile the high beams cut off.
Also reflected lights from your high beams will turn off the high beams.
They work amazingly well.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB

Sponsored