Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV AWD EXL, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It's true, you don't have to buy it. However, they are being deceptive in their advertised pricing, and everyone knows that half the battle is just getting you in the door.
If Ford wants to raise the price, go ahead and raise it. However, I don't like them being able to advertise a lower price, and then nail people with a ridiculous 1500.00 delivery fee when they show up at the dealer. I hope they lose this suit, even if the lawyers get all the money.
If they are allowed to continue this deceptive practice. It will also cause other manufactures to put their price increases in the delivery fee just to compete, and before you know it you will have 3k added to all vehicles.
They aren't advertising a lower price and nailing you when they go to buy. Get a quote from dealer, do build and price, or look at window sticker. Guess what you see? The delivery charge is listed right there in all of those places. Nothing is hidden. Ford is being transparent about this extra cost. If you see the lower price in advertising I am sure there is fine print stating excludes delivery fees. If ppl are dumb enough to not research to determine out the door cost on a vehicle that is there fault.
Advertisement

Kara37

First Name
Kara
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
They aren't advertising a lower price and nailing you when they go to buy. Get a quote from dealer, do build and price, or look at window sticker. Guess what you see? The delivery charge is listed right there in all of those places. Nothing is hidden. Ford is being transparent about this extra cost. If you see the lower price in advertising I am sure there is fine print stating excludes delivery fees. If ppl are dumb enough to not research to determine out the door cost on a vehicle that is there fault.

Oh, yes they are advertising a lower price. All the ads on TV and print advertise the price without the delivery fee.
Although, they may say plus delivery, tax, and tag. People expect the delivery fee to be the actual delivery fee, and not more money for the price of the vehicle. Just like they expect the tag and taxes to be the actual cost.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 F100, 79 VW Bus, 04 Solara
In most class action suits the plaintiffs don't get enough to buy dinner and the lawyers make millions. People always have the option of not doing business with a company if they don't like their prices or policies.
[/QUOTE
It's true, you don't have to buy it. However, they are being deceptive in their advertised pricing, and everyone knows that half the battle is just getting you in the door.
If Ford wants to raise the price, go ahead and raise it. However, I don't like them being able to advertise a lower price, and then nail people with a ridiculous 1500.00 delivery fee when they show up at the dealer. I hope they lose this suit, even if the lawyers get all the money.
If they are allowed to continue this deceptive practice. It will also cause other manufactures to put their price increases in the delivery fee just to compete, and before you know it you will have 3k added to all vehicles.
Exactly right! If everyone pays the same fee then it's just deceptive marketing not to put it in the "msrp" up front. Much more upset over dealer "doc" fee or "acquisition" fee but solution to that is not to buy a hot car!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CRV AWD EXL, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Oh, yes they are advertising a lower price. All the ads on TV and print advertise the price without the delivery fee.
Although, they may say plus delivery, tax, and tag. People expect the delivery fee to be the actual delivery fee, and not more money for the price of the vehicle. Just like they expect the tag and taxes to be the actual cost.
Ok ok you win. Sign up for the law suite and go sue Ford.

Kara37

First Name
Kara
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Lawsuits like this result in two things:
Lawyers make more money
Prices increase to pay for them
Sue away, morons
Normally, I would have a response. However, I have found that people that have to resort to name calling, are the ones that are intellectually challenged.
You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoSport
Advertisement

Advertisement