McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I found the start-stop feature *very* quick and smooth on the Badlands 2.0L. (It is a strange sensation waiting at a stop and the engine isn't running though.) If you're making reckless LH turns in front of oncoming traffic sure, that's already dangerous anyway. If you drive conservatively, dare I say *defensively*, I just don't see where a complaint with it comes from. It demonstrably saves a not insignificant amount on fuel cost (and pollution, whether it matters to anyone or not) and no, it is not going to wear out your starter, etc. And it's easy to avoid in Sport mode, or just by switching it off on startup, nbd.
I’ve actually adapted to the start stop pretty well, even for left hand turns where you want a quick response. All you have to do is slightly lift the brake and the engine will start. You can still stay put and it won’t turn off again until after you’ve gotten up to speed and stop again. I actually do something similar at stop lights when I see it turn green a few cars ahead of me. I’ll have it running a second pr two before I start moving. It feels smoother because it’s not trying to start the engine, get in gear, and start moving all at once. I’m hoping that will reduce wear.
Sponsored

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
I found the start-stop feature *very* quick and smooth on the Badlands 2.0L. (It is a strange sensation waiting at a stop and the engine isn't running though.) If you're making reckless LH turns in front of oncoming traffic sure, that's already dangerous anyway. If you drive conservatively, dare I say *defensively*, I just don't see where a complaint with it comes from. It demonstrably saves a not insignificant amount on fuel cost (and pollution, whether it matters to anyone or not) and no, it is not going to wear out your starter, etc. And it's easy to avoid in Sport mode, or just by switching it off on startup, nbd.
Do you know if start stop turns off any auxiliary devices? I run a hardwired dashcam and radar detector in my other car and start stop causes both to reset, so I have to manually disable it off every time I start the car. (Will eventually change the coding to permanently disable it)

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I cock my Sport if I feel like I need to spring out in traffic.
I stop, motor shuts down,
I wait and watch,
I see a hole coming up.
I ease up on the brake but not enough to roll forward.
Engine starts, I'm back on the brake and ready for a quick launch.
Simple.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Do you know if start stop turns off any auxiliary devices? I run a hardwired dashcam and radar detector in my other car and start stop causes both to reset, so I have to manually disable it off every time I start the car. (Will eventually change the coding to permanently disable it)
Has not been turning off my hardwired dashcam (mine was wired to a random cable under the floor pedals the installer found to always be live )
Sponsored