Chicagoland BS people?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
awesome! Enjoy the ride. I use to be a chicagoland commuter working fire and safety for the speeway in Joliet. Miss those days it was always a great crowd. And the Charleston Resteraunt made a voodoo chicken plate which was the highlight of my trip. The badlands is a great ride. Took my son's car in for service with a friend who runs his own garage. He asked when I was brining the Badlands in...I offered a chance to play under the hood and see what it's made of

OP
OP

Seeknup1

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Very cool mate. I hear they are getting rid of the speedway now.
It's crazy here, I barely see any Broncos sport or Big on the roads in this area.

RockDodger

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I live just west of Chicago about 35 miles out. Just bought my new Bronc about two weeks ago (Big Bend model) and we absolutely love this vehicle. It is surprisingly quick for a 3 cylinder engine (1.5 ltr). The MPG calculator in the dash says we are getting 28mpg in local trips, and hopefully we'll get more on the interstates. We are going to Colorado in November to do a little testing in the mountains. You're going to like this car a lot I think. :clap:

OP
OP

Seeknup1

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
RockDodger, west if Chicago, where abouts? Im about 30 miles west as well.

billyz

Badlands
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Hi ! I have a silver bronco sport badlands delivered in May 2021 before the chip shortages but very lean inventory time especially for the Badlands trim. I came from a 2014 ford escape with the 2 liter turbo and wanted that on this vehicle as well. So far I have a little less than 4000 miles on it and getting ready for my first oil change. I live in the Edison Park/ Ridge area. No real problems to date until yesterday when my screen went dark at startup for the first time. Restarted a few times and it came back fine. Wondering if it has something to do with sync 3 version. Downloaded new version from Ford site on USB drive and will be trying to do install for the first time.

Overall I've been happy with it. One thing since new is all of the new sounds of headlight fans, transfer case solenoid engaging and disengaging , transmission electronic noises, etc. LOL everything seems to work fine, less the screen blackout, so I guess I'll just keep driving it until something breaks under warranty :)

jayzala

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Hi ! I have a silver bronco sport badlands delivered in May 2021 before the chip shortages but very lean inventory time especially for the Badlands trim. I came from a 2014 ford escape with the 2 liter turbo and wanted that on this vehicle as well. So far I have a little less than 4000 miles on it and getting ready for my first oil change. I live in the Edison Park/ Ridge area. No real problems to date until yesterday when my screen went dark at startup for the first time. Restarted a few times and it came back fine. Wondering if it has something to do with sync 3 version. Downloaded new version from Ford site on USB drive and will be trying to do install for the first time.

Overall I've been happy with it. One thing since new is all of the new sounds of headlight fans, transfer case solenoid engaging and disengaging , transmission electronic noises, etc. LOL everything seems to work fine, less the screen blackout, so I guess I'll just keep driving it until something breaks under warranty :)
Interesting about your screen, hopefully the new version will fix it lol

Where are you thinking about getting it serviced? I'm looking for a good servicing dealer. I live in the city but willing to go to the burbs for better service. Are you going to Bredemann?

RockDodger

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

billyz

Badlands
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Interesting about your screen, hopefully the new version will fix it lol

Where are you thinking about getting it serviced? I'm looking for a good servicing dealer. I live in the city but willing to go to the burbs for better service. Are you going to Bredemann?

Got my first oil change at golf mill ford in niles. was the quick lane. used $60 of my $210 reward dollars, so I'm thinking 3 free oil changes. Also wanted to get the screen issue and mileage in the database for warranty tracking. they also show good service reviews and are a very large ford dealer.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition

I've been trying to diagnose this exact noise from both my Bronco Sport and Edge since I got them.

CactusGreyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2017 Flex 365 HP/EcoBoost,VW GL
Hi Guys,

I’m in the NorthWest suburbs(Cook Count) . I just bought my 2022. Still reading up on this car. I ordered the floor mats and hood projector using the Ford15 promo code. However I didn’t realize there were to mats. I have carpets and ordered the one for rubberized floors. Still tying to work with Ford/dealer to fix this. Also my backseat didn’t include the rubberized panels. Sales guy said that the panels weren’t included with the Big Bend. Other then those two things I’m pretty happy with the Truck.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Got a loaded BS Big Bend in Cactus Gray off the lot last Tuesday @ Golf Mill Ford in Niles... Their first price offer on Monday was $49,998 for a car with a $36,195 MSRP! It took another visit and about 5 hours total of negotiation to get the car @ MSRP, but they took $3K off my trade to make the deal. I'm OK with that since they appraised my trade at $1K over what I expected (2015 Fusion Titanium). If your buying a Bronco Sport around here (Chicago Area)... Watch out for "market adjustments".

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Saint Charles here And the order was placed today.

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
Elmhurst here,BS BL, Velocity Blue, 360+, Premium, Tow. Ordered 3/31, Built 9/1, awaiting shipment.

Ron Sebonia

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Elmhurst here,BS BL, Velocity Blue, 360+, Premium, Tow. Ordered 3/31, Built 9/1, awaiting shipment.

Ron Sebonia
Ordered on 09/16/2022. Scheduled for 11/21/2022 BS BL Hot pepper red premium 360+ tow and wheels.
Sponsored