First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonpetri.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I can’t find other posts on this so pardon me if it’s already discussed somewhere else. I have turned off the rear occupant alert 4-5 times and it won’t stay disabled. Anyone else have the same issue?
Sponsored

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I haven't had that issue. Did you turn off in the vehicle settings? I do have mine off, but it alerts when someone in the back takes off the seatbelt when the car is on or in motion.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I can’t find other posts on this so pardon me if it’s already discussed somewhere else. I have turned off the rear occupant alert 4-5 times and it won’t stay disabled. Anyone else have the same issue?
Rear-Seat Occupant Alert showing up (ENABLED, photo shows up on center-stack screen), or just a nag-notice that you have it currently DISABLED, and asking if you'd like to Re-ENABLE?

The former is odd.

The latter is a baked-in "feature nudge" in case the driver wasn't aware that the feature existed.

OP
OP
Jason Petri

Jason Petri

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonpetri.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Rear-Seat Occupant Alert showing up (ENABLED, photo shows up on center-stack screen), or just a nag-notice that you have it currently DISABLED, and asking if you'd like to Re-ENABLE?

The former is odd.

The latter is a baked-in "feature nudge" in case the driver wasn't aware that the feature existed.
The former. I’ve made up many explanations: Reenabled after a software update? Reenabled after I put something on the back seat? Neither seems to really be the answer.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The former [[actual notification + graphic on center-stack screen]]. I’ve made up many explanations: Reenabled after a software update? Reenabled after I put something on the back seat? Neither seems to really be the answer.
Gotcha. I've been running updates as they come out, none so far have re-enabled that notification.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I had a notification that it wanted to reenable come up last Friday or Saturday. Selected no!

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
honestly I don't think I've ever had anyone in the rear seats yet. Odd tho for sure.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It's tied to the back door opening, not the seat. I put my computer in the back on the floor, still get the child reminder with nothing on the seat. Honestly I love this feature cause Im always forgetting I put something back there

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I open the drivers side passenger door two or three times every Thursday (don't ask). Every time it asks me to check rear when I turn the engine off, but only if I have opened the back door.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I open the drivers side passenger door two or three times every Thursday (don't ask). Every time it asks me to check rear when I turn the engine off, but only if I have opened the back door.
Now you have me curious what's going on in the back seat on Thursdays ?

OP
OP
Jason Petri

Jason Petri

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonpetri.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I shut it off this morning and when I got to work 15 minutes later it alerted me to check the back seat as it was re-enabled in settings again.