Change radio station in maps/android auto????

BroncoSinja

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How do you change the radio station when you have the maps/android auto on the display screen? Can you really not do it without exiting the programs???????
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
How do you change the radio station when you have the maps/android auto on the display screen? Can you really not do it without exiting the programs???????
Have you tried the controls on the steering wheel?

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Yes, the button on the steering wheel will cycle through your favorite saved stations. You can also use the tune knob on the right side.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I believe there is a small white dot on the lower left in the screen that takes you back to the radio? Double checking now.
*So there is a dot. Touching the dot takes it to android auto apps. In the upper right corner it has opposing arrows on the app screen. Those took me to the radio for what that's worth. Has to be a simpler path
Ford Bronco Sport Change radio station in maps/android auto???? PXL_20210613_032918298

Last edited:

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
this has always been an annoyance of Sync 3, if I want to change the source, I would either have to use the source button or exit out of AA to get to the sync radio. sure the drivers buttons cycle through, but changing from sirius to radio wasnt always easy

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
If I'm using the maps/android auto and want to quickly get back to the audio screens (usually to get to the sirius stations), I use a little shortcut I discovered.

Just hit the track forward button to adjust the radio station (either on the steering wheel or on the dash) and a little popup at the top of the nav screen will come up showing the channel change. If you quickly tap the top of the screen where the channel change ribbon pops up, it will go straight to the audio screen.

It still takes two buttons being pressed, but it works for me.

I'm not sure if it works similarly for things like Spotify, podcasts, etc, but it's usually when I'm trying to look for new Sirius stations that I find it handy.
Sponsored