Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a new 22 BL coming in July so I'm selling my current 22 BL. I checked KBB and several of the other car places and all said my current BL is worth around $41k. I have 4800 miles on it. Carvanna's offer came back at $31,538. In December of last year, Carvanna offered me $31.2k for my 2016 Flex with 75,000 miles. Looks like Carvanna has some real problems.
Sponsored

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I have a new 22 BL coming in July so I'm selling my current 22 BL. I checked KBB and several of the other car places and all said my current BL is worth around $41k. I have 4800 miles on it. Carvanna's offer came back at $31,538. In December of last year, Carvanna offered me $31.2k for my 2016 Flex with 75,000 miles. Looks like Carvanna has some real problems.
They gave me $34085 for my '21 Big Bend 2 months ago. The sticker price was $31360.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The trade in pricing is all over. Was offered 31k on my last vehicle from them and got almost 38k at the dealer for trade in. Most places aren’t trying to pay that much for trades so they can beat people in the head when they resell it.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
They offered me $30,300 for my base model with 5300 miles on it. That was a week ago

DragonL I3 Powered

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Bronco Sports: One for each daughter.
Last fall I bought two Bronco Sport Big Bends. One for each daughter. Why? Because the timing and prices were right and they got great trade values (IE outrageous) for their old cars, one of which may have had an issue.

Since then my youngest daughter has transferred schools which is going to cost us a lot more money. So I just traded in her BB with the BB package without moonroof on another Ford to save us some funds. MSRP on Kates car was $31,140 and Carvanna offered $31,000 with about 5,000 miles on it. I did not take Carvanna's offer but traded the BS BB in at our Ford dealer.

So in my opinion an offer of $31,000 on a 2022 BADLANDS sure does seem low, very low. Unless it has a lot of miles on it or perhaps all the options were not entered correctly on the Carvanna website.

Plus we do have to keep in mind that the market in AZ may be very different than here on the east coast.

OP
OP

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last fall I bought two Bronco Sport Big Bends. One for each daughter. Why? Because the timing and prices were right and they got great trade values (IE outrageous) for their old cars, one of which may have had an issue.

Since then my youngest daughter has transferred schools which is going to cost us a lot more money. So I just traded in her BB with the BB package without moonroof on another Ford to save us some funds. MSRP on Kates car was $31,140 and Carvanna offered $31,000 with about 5,000 miles on it. I did not take Carvanna's offer but traded the BS BB in at our Ford dealer.

So in my opinion an offer of $31,000 on a 2022 BADLANDS sure does seem low, very low. Unless it has a lot of miles on it or perhaps all the options were not entered correctly on the Carvanna website.

Plus we do have to keep in mind that the market in AZ may be very different than here on the east coast.
I entered my VIN, so there are no errors with the info on my car. Both Carfax & KBB came back at $41k using my VIN. Vroom offer came back at $35k. Keep in mind that the Badlands MSRP increased $2k just last month.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Carfax and KBB aren’t accurate since they’re not buying cars. Look up Carmax, Vroom, all of those to get a more representative value of what you can get for it.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
I think the used car market is starting a downward trend. With interest rates going up, inflation and higher gas prices people are beginning to cut back on spending. In February Carvana offered me 42,458 for my trade-in I decided not to sell until I got a build week that came the first of April. Carvana then offered 35,252 for the same car with 250 more miles on it. I sold it to a local dealer for 42,500, they still have it on the lot and have lowered the asking price twice. I think the BS will continue to bring high dollar until they get caught up in production and are no longer hard to get.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Id chevk carmax. They can ship there cars anywhere the market needs. So there offer usually beats others.. they offered me 30k.. so im having dealer match there offer for trade in so i dont loose my tax crrdit of about a grand on my new mazda cx5 ....so as long as someone pays you 1500 over trade offer than its worth it. If not better to trade it in..

OP
OP

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id chevk carmax. They can ship there cars anywhere the market needs. So there offer usually beats others.. they offered me 30k.. so im having dealer match there offer for trade in so i dont loose my tax crrdit of about a grand on my new mazda cx5 ....so as long as someone pays you 1500 over trade offer than its worth it. If not better to trade it in..
I did check Carmax, but since there are not many 2022 BL's for sale I got this message. I won't get my new BL until July, so I will test the waters closer to delivery.

Attachments

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I did check Carmax, but since there are not many 2022 BL's for sale I got this message. I won't get my new BL until July, so I will test the waters closer to delivery.
I got that also.. so called local carmax. They sent me a link and email so i could put all my options and take 11 different photos. Took me 10 min. Sent it back. They sent my offer 2 hours later. But honestly you might get better offer in person

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have actually found Carvana offers rather weak as of late. Most recent (in last 6 months) have been my Q60 (rare 6 spd manual!!) that was $5k ish below Carmax! On my RDX (which I traded for the BS) they offered $3,470 less than what I got at dealer trade (figure does not include $1.5k+ in sales tax savings realized by trading in). Carmax was slightly above the dealer trade if I recall correctly but tax savings made trading in a no brainer (in addition to obvious convenience). Does seem their (Carvana, Vroom...) online offers can be all over the place :rolleyes:

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
It's worth taking it to the local CarMax dealer to see what they offer. I got the same message back in Dec 2021, and sold my MY21 Big Bend for $39k to them lmao. I figured that was the absolute best I'd ever get for a 3-banger Bronco Sport with 10k miles, and ordered a Badlands shortly thereafter.

OP
OP

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have actually found Carvana offers rather weak as of late. Most recent (in last 6 months) have been my Q60 (rare 6 spd manual!!) that was $5k ish below Carmax! On my RDX (which I traded for the BS) they offered $3,470 less than what I got at dealer trade (figure does not include $1.5k+ in sales tax savings realized by trading in). Carmax was slightly above the dealer trade if I recall correctly but tax savings made trading in a no brainer (in addition to obvious convenience). Does seem their (Carvana, Vroom...) online offers can be all over the place :rolleyes:
When I bought my first BL back in December, Carvanna was offering crazy numbers on cars. I was trading in my 2016 Flex with 75k miles and Carvanna was $5k higher than the dealer. When I showed the dealer the offer, they came back with a number within $1500, so with the tax savings, it was a no brainer for me. The dealer didn't want to lose my trade, but they did say that Carvanna was killing them on prices, forcing them to offer more if they wanted the trade in. I think Carvanna is trying to recoup a lot of losses right now. If you look on their website, they have a few Badlands for sale in the $42k -$46K range. That's a hell of a margin over the $31k they offered me for my 22 with 4800 miles.
Sponsored