Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Updated with video on how to use the Cargo Management System:

Looking at different photos from the vehicles provided to dealers, it appears the shelving for the cargo management system is not even on vehicles that don’t have it equipped. Does anyone have insight on if the cargo management system can be added later or is it that if you don’t add it to your order, you are unable to do so at a later time (whether through the dealer or aftermarket alternatives)?
Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System [updated with how-to-use video] 74A0196D-8D5D-4B75-82C9-4F75755DAE47

Ford Bronco Sport Cargo Management System [updated with how-to-use video] 6498B113-4284-4588-B23B-0B7E2D804EFC
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Looking at different photos from the vehicles provided to dealers, it appears the shelving for the cargo management system is not even on vehicles that don’t have it equipped. Does anyone have insight on if the cargo management system can be added later or is it that if you don’t add it to your order, you are unable to do so at a later time (whether through the dealer or aftermarket alternatives)?
Looks like a simple to add accessory from the Ford Parts Department.

OP
OP
TheMalamute

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I hope you are correct. I kinda want to wait on the cargo management system because I think there could be some cool aftermarket alternatives.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I hope you are correct. I kinda want to wait on the cargo management system because I think there could be some cool aftermarket alternatives.
I overheard at the dealership when the BS was there (and the Ford rep was giving the low down to dealer employees) that yes, you do have to order it with your vehicle as the compartment pieces are different, have to have the rails for the cargo management system. If you want it, order now!

*also, why wait? another thread gave an update that it shouldn't be a late availability. Either way, you'll need the rails if you want this setup.

OP
OP
TheMalamute

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I overheard at the dealership when the BS was there (and the Ford rep was giving the low down to dealer employees) that yes, you do have to order it with your vehicle as the compartment pieces are different, have to have the rails for the cargo management system. If you want it, order now!

*also, why wait? another thread gave an update that it shouldn't be a late availability. Either way, you'll need the rails if you want this setup.
After looking at those above pictures I think you are right. It appears that the rails are on a completely different setup

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
That's messed up. I had to forgo that accessory because it was causing a delay in my order..I hope I don't have to pay more than what the cargo management costs to make it work after delivery.

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Wow, good catch. Still need to see this in person before I decide to add to my BS

OP
OP
TheMalamute

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I ultimately added it because I can’t imagine it being cheaper once they are built. For the money, it is probably the best bet, if you don’t use it then simply remove it.

OP
OP
TheMalamute

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
That's messed up. I had to forgo that accessory because it was causing a delay in my order..I hope I don't have to pay more than what the cargo management costs to make it work after delivery.
I don’t believe they are delayed anymore as of the beginning of this month.

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Just found this quote from @Granger Ford confirming the shelf is simply a "DIO (Dealer Installed Option)" which means their parts department can order it and install it after the fact.
You have to order the Cargo Management System with the vehicle it is DIO (Dealer Installed Option) only as an option...

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
The way I’m reading it is.. you cannot order it after the fact. Maybe I’m misunderstanding and you can order it after and have the dealer also install the different side panels.
I agree you should be able to go the parts department, after your teenager lays on it and crushes it, and order it along with the replacement side panels, not ideal, better to order from the start, but doable.

Once the Ford parts website lists the Bronco Sport we can look it up:
https://parts.ford.com/en.html

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I agree you should be able to go the parts department, after your teenager lays on it and crushes it, and order it along with the replacement side panels, not ideal, better to order from the start, but doable.

Once the Ford parts website lists the Bronco Sport we can look it up:
https://parts.ford.com/en.html
However, ordering just the cargo management system upfront ($110) is a lot different than ordering entirely new panels later for replacement, either due to damage or a change of heart. You might have to wait for the part to be available through Ford parts and the cost I would imagine would be quite a bit more than $110.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
However, ordering just the cargo management system upfront ($110) is a lot different than ordering entirely new panels later for replacement, either due to damage or a change of heart. You might have to wait for the part to be available through Ford parts and the cost I would imagine would be quite a bit more than $110.
That is what I concluded. Less expensive, less hassle. And even if it delayed the vehicle a little bit, I'd be saving myself down the road.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I was able to add the cargo management system to my FE order at the dealership a couple hours ago.