OneTakeJake

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Do you guys think I’ll be able to take bs through the car wash with my roof basket on?

Ford Bronco Sport Car wash with roof basket? B55177C4-F478-4547-9CE1-FFBA2E0DE73A

Ford Bronco Sport Car wash with roof basket? 8F7BCCAA-D7CC-40B6-8C7E-C22637941A6A
Sponsored

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can take it through for sure.

But whether or not it gets scraped off is another issue.

I got a shorter AM/FM antenna because I'd seen a lot of vehicles with bent or broken ones.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Do you guys think I’ll be able to take bs through the car wash with my roof basket on?
Two words, my friend: Hand wash. If not for your roof basket, certainly for your bug deflector. Automatic car washes are not kind to any kind of accessory but especially those hanging on just with 3m tape and a bit of hope.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Two words, my friend: Hand wash. If not for your roof basket, certainly for your bug deflector. Automatic car washes are not kind to any kind of accessory but especially those hanging on just with 3m tape and a bit of hope.
Hand wash to save the finish and 3m add ons .
Ford Bronco Sport Car wash with roof basket? 2321396F-7653-4328-BCBD-FF08C9951652

Ford Bronco Sport Car wash with roof basket? 3F10EA41-21C9-47DA-8412-AF665C170D73

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

Ford Bronco Sport Car wash with roof basket? B55177C4-F478-4547-9CE1-FFBA2E0DE73A

Ford Bronco Sport Car wash with roof basket? 8F7BCCAA-D7CC-40B6-8C7E-C22637941A6A
I have one, you’ll be fine just double check the height limits of the car wash and make sure it’s secure.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Agreed. I havent gone through a car wash in years.... hand wash always... your piano black side panels will appreciate it

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I wouldn't do it, but I have seen dozens of SUVs with the cross bars go through and also a few baskets.

But there is the disclaimer at the car wash that damage done by (not to) having a non oem part is on you.
So they will won't fix your vehicle and will come after you for damage done to their machines

Edit for clarity, I am referring to a car wash with spinning cleaning cloths.

Last edited:

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Depends on what you mean by carwash... Touchless or hand carwash for sure no problem just know it will drip and you should bring your own rag so at the next stop you can get any drips off the car before they spot.
Now the paint stripper version where they spin and beat the crap out of your BS, my description alone should tell you what I think might happen... But just in case, not a good idea.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't see a problem with touch less carwash, but one that spins brushes will make you want to escape the storm.

thegadgetfish

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just saw a post on reddit where someone went through a carwash and it scratched up the glossy side panels.

Xanotoes

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I went thru an automatic car wash and stupid me it pulled off my first crossbar. No damage to the vehicle luckily but I would try that ever again. Plus it scratches up your car. I saw the attendant wipe the hood with what look like a hard bristle broom. HAND WASH!

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Are touch free car washes safe?

We haven’t had much choice but to use a touch free car wash to clean our 19 Escape for the past three years. It’s been through numerous times.

I haven’t noticed any obvious damage or swirl marks. It looks great after the rare hand wash I’m able to do.

When we got it back from the body shop the black plastics were covered in swirl marks. They had washed it.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Are touch free car washes safe?

We haven’t had much choice but to use a touch free car wash to clean our 19 Escape for the past three years. It’s been through numerous times.

I haven’t noticed any obvious damage or swirl marks. It looks great after the rare hand wash I’m able to do.

When we got it back from the body shop the black plastics were covered in swirl marks. They had washed it.
Yes, they are safe in terms of scratching. The thing you have to be aware of is that the detergents are very strong and will strip most paint protection off during the wash. So if you have "waxed" it, that "wax" will be gone. The swirls come from abrasive wear but since nothing other than liquids are touching the vehicle there should not be any swirls.
Sponsored