Can't clean spots from bumper and side molding

• Thread starter Deleted member 7904
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 7904

I've had my BS BL for about 3 months and wash by hand it most every week. We had tremendous amount of rain last week and I was driving on paved highway that was very muddy from logging work being done.
I go to wash it today and see a number of what appear to be water spots on the bumper but they were brown from the muddy highway. The rear tail gate had them as well. Basically dried muddy water spots.
After washing and drying i noticed the spots on the bumper and side molding did not come off. I used a basic car washing detergent, Mcguires I think, with a wash mit. I washed the bumper and side molding again w no luck. I even tried some "Tuff Stuff" cleaner. That did not work. I've had a number of cars with textured black molding and bumper covers, but have never had problem cleaning them. The spots on the painted tail gate came offer easy peasy w normal washing, so I don't think it was anything more than muddy water...but why won't it come off with basic washing.

Ford Bronco Sport Can't clean spots from bumper and side molding 5oAItosVT8CSUnemJs3Wzw

Ford Bronco Sport Can't clean spots from bumper and side molding 8zP3itTUS9GShOZgn2FtLA

Ford Bronco Sport Can't clean spots from bumper and side molding 5yBhSTWLRguMv4YqBbPzqQ
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Looks like hard water stains. A little vinegar maybe? Try in an inconspicuous place first.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7904

Looks like hard water stains. A little vinegar maybe? Try in an inconspicuous place first.
I agree. They definitely came from the roadway. I'll try your suggestion. Don't see any on the painted surfaces. Interesting that they are only on the black textured surfaces and I've never had that occur before. Thanks for your thoughts..

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I like the vinegar idea as a way to clean the spots. After that you really should apply some kind of plastic sealer/protector. There are a lot of them out there, so just find something you like and is readily available.