Can you plug a thumb drive into a USB port and play music from it?

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
Can you plug a thumb drive into the BS and play music from it?

Thanks
Sponsored

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I was told yes but I haven't seen the option in any Sync 3 review. I can (and do) in my '18 Escape. I hope so as I have thousands of songs on the thumb drive in the Escape.

Andrezzi

First Edition
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I was told yes but I haven't seen the option in any Sync 3 review. I can (and do) in my '18 Escape. I hope so as I have thousands of songs on the thumb drive in the Escape.
Yes you can when yo insert it it appears on choices for radio inputs.

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
From the owners manual (for the technically savvy):
The system is capable of hosting nearly any digital media player, including iPod, iPhone, and most USB drives.
Supported audio formats include MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, and FLAC.
Supported audio file extensions include MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4B, AAC, and FLAC.
Supported USB file systems include FAT, exFAT, and NTFS.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
Great. Looks like that will work.

Thanks

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can you plug a thumb drive into the BS and play music from it?

Thanks
I did today. The one in the center console is only for charging the one on the dash does data. 128GB drive formatted in fat32 but it says formatting in NTFS will work also have not tried though. I am using flac files instead of mp3 and everything worked fine.

One thing that bums me out is you cannot change artist or albums on screen when the vehicle is moving. I also have a F150 2013 and it will not recognize my voice but I casn browse the folders while moving. I do not text when I drive but darn I would like to have the option to manually change a album.. I have a heavy New Orleans slang. Hope Sync 3 understands me better.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I did today. The one in the center console is only for charging the one on the dash does data. 128GB drive formatted in fat32 but it says formatting in NTFS will work also have not tried though. I am using flac files instead of mp3 and everything worked fine.

One thing that bums me out is you cannot change artist or albums on screen when the vehicle is moving. I also have a F150 2013 and it will not recognize my voice but I casn browse the folders while moving. I do not text when I drive but darn I would like to have the option to manually change a album.. I have a heavy New Orleans slang. Hope Sync 3 understands me better.
Should be able to use voice to select/change artists/tracks while you're moving. I can on my Escape.
You can use the radio buttons or steering wheel buttons to change tracks correct?

warpig

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Should be able to use voice to select/change artists/tracks while you're moving. I can on my Escape.
You can use the radio buttons or steering wheel buttons to change tracks correct?
Yes I can. As I said the voice commands on my 2013 F150 was really really bad. My accent is pretty strong and SYNC just did not understand me. I could make calls but everything else was a joke. I have not had enough time with the Bronco Sport to see how well SYNC3 works with my accent. It has been storming in south Louisiana and I am not keen on learning new things while driving especially in the rain.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
I did today. The one in the center console is only for charging the one on the dash does data.
Damn.. I use the port in console for my thumb drive in my Escape. I was hoping I could the same in my BS..

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Damn.. I use the port in console for my thumb drive in my Escape. I was hoping I could the same in my BS..
I'm going to use these USB C adapters with my thumb drive so the other USB port is free for the phone. USB C adapter

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I'm going to use these USB C adapters with my thumb drive so the other USB port is free for the phone. USB C adapter
My Rav4 has only one data port. I use a USB hub to plug my music key and phone at the same time.
I wonder if that will work on the BS.